Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed 11 autosets to too high pressure
ResMed 11 autosets to too high pressure
I have initial=4 cm, range=5-17 cm, ramp=5 mins, EPR=auto(3). Normally, the pressure settles in at 11.5.

Often, I wake up after a few hours and it is very hard to exhale. Inhale is OK. My O2Ring low-O2 alarm (under 87.5%) starts going off as I struggle to breathe.

I have to turn the ResMed off for a minute or so and start the cycle over in order to get back to normal breathing.

I would like to avoid this condition. Any suggestions as to what is going on and how to fix?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 11 autosets to too high pressure
Step 1 post OSCAR charts

Step 2 most likely pressure needs to be changed, we can tell you specifically after step 1

It appears already your settings are too low and work against each other.

Starting at 5, EPR 3 is void until pressure gets to 7. Adults typically start at Min pressure 7. With low pressure anyway, Ramp shouldn't be necessary.

With low oxygen levels, there's need to include that chart.

It is possible your max pressure is too high, but I'm thinking your low numbers are allowing events to be untreated which causes a requirement to increase pressure. So if your therapy starts higher, you'll not force the increases to pressure.

All speculation until there's OSCAR charts.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

We will be much better able to help you if you provide more data.  Download Oscar, a free apnea reporting program that will allow you to post a chart for each night's sleep.

Right now I see that your beginning pressure is set too low.  Most adults are pretty air-starved with pressure less than 7, so I suggest that you raise your beginning pressure setting to 7.  I'm guessing that the 4 you mention is for ramp.  If at all possible turn ramp off.  You don't get any real therapy during ramp.  You need EPR set full-time at 3.  Using it as you now are, you don't get any benefit from the EPR. This will make your exhalation much easier.

OOPS! I see that Dave posted as I was writing.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I exported last night's "details" to csv (attached). Is that what is needed?

Attached Files
.csv   OSCAR_KSC_Details_2024-06-12.csv (Size: 742.44 KB / Downloads: 6)
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally I would rather have it attached to the post. I think they're easier to view. And then we don't have to download to our devices.

No sorry, not entirely helpful. It's going into what looks like a spreadsheet look. Need to see data with charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed 11 autosets to too high pressure - *CORRECTED*
The prior file is missing the oximetry. The attached version (same name) ought to show it.

Attached Files
.csv   OSCAR_KSC_Details_2024-06-12.csv (Size: 742.44 KB / Downloads: 0)
Post Reply Post Reply
How about a pdf of the daily report (attached)?

Attached Files
.pdf   OSCAR_KSC_print_2024-06-12.pdf (Size: 345.53 KB / Downloads: 4)
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at the H events. The grouped H events sho positional apnea. You are sleeping in a position tha kinks your neck and blocks your airway. No pressure changes will help, you have to find a way to stay out of that position.

If you can’t easily make adjustments like keeping off your back or using a flatter pillow you may need a collar.

I have a link at the bottom of the post for a collar
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ? gregbe2000 34 848 Yesterday, 05:23 PM
Last Post: gregbe2000
  APAP- High Pressure Waking Me in the middle of the night HanoverTime 6 215 09-30-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: AshSF
  High Apnea for two hours Martyapnea 2 143 09-25-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] AHI suddenly high as well as PB and variable breathing tresero 5 233 09-24-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: tresero
  AHI very high after switching from Dreamstation to Aircurve 10 mu50256 16 795 09-23-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: mu50256
  [CPAP] Newbie to OSCAR - why mask leakage rate is so high thanh.oz 1 154 09-22-2024, 06:37 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Optimizing CPAP - high pressures adlondon 3 288 09-13-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: georgesadam

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.