Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved
RE: Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved
Here is my OSCAR report on last night's sleep . I used the neck collar, and some of the worst problems seem to have been cured by that, but flow is still pretty ragged, the AHI is high, and leaks are still a problem, especially for the first part of the night before I got up for a few minutes.

I used PS 3 to 15. and EPAP 6 to 12 as settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think the collar helped a much as it could. Those Hypopnea were clustered from the Positional Apnea issue still. Then there's the leaking issue in the first segment.

For info, the flow limits can be ignored when on ASV. The FL can't be addressed here, and are likely a byproduct of the ASV Central Apnea treatment.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They are clustered, yes. Neck collar is staying on all night, no hint of failure. I hesitate to flatten the head pillows completely, because I'll start to get reflux in my throat if the head is too low. The leak for the first half of the night is a mask fitting problem which I can improve.

I intend to try a nap shortly, with some head support removed. We'll see if that helps. Nothing else to say until I get that data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi RVSleeper,

Looking at the pressure graph and seeing what your med EPAP pressure is as average I think you should raise min EPAP to 10cm, but it may make the leak rate worse.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, just had a nap, and here's the OSCAR output. I removed a pillow that had been under my head, already up a bed wedge, so my head is lower. Still wearing neck collar. Changed EPAP to 10 to 14, instead of 6 to 12. Nap may be too short for many conclusions.

Post Reply Post Reply
That's an improvement. I think it was a too thick pillow situation more than pressure edits.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still a lot of waxing and waning in the flow, Cheyne-Stokes trying to come through, I think. I should be able to get a uniform flow if this is adjusted correctly, so pressures aren't correct yet. I'll see what I get overnight.
Post Reply Post Reply
The flow rate may move about some, I don't think it'll be flat. I'd consider focus on "does the therapy help you feel more rested or not?".
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, thanks. Last night did not make me feel that rested. I'll see what tonight does.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was an improvement, but the leaks and the AHI both climbed to unacceptable levels during the last part of the night. I feel better, but still not rested this morning.
Still using PS 3 to 15, and EPAP 10 to 14. I think the positional apnea problem is resolved by using less pillow, plus wearing the neck collar.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Mod Note] Are There Any Aircurve 11 ST ot ST-A Users? Crimson Nape 1 84 5 minutes ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  1 Week in - Treatment regimen central apnea? mikaelbb 3 167 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Increase in Central Apneas Luna G3 PAP Link Data thowle 8 228 10-01-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Resmed Aircurve 10 VAUTO turning itself off and on throughout the night?? 17WRX 4 139 09-29-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 17WRX
  Zoll Remede System for Central/Cheyne Stokes Fixit50 2 154 09-26-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Fixit50
  acquired an aircurve vauto 10/self titrating eok361 9 397 09-26-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: eok361
  TreatmenT emergent central apnea Stracky 9 321 09-25-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.