Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense11 Question
Resmed Airsense11 Question
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I've been on CPAP for about 7 years.  I started with Airsense10, and have now gone to Airsense11 a few months ago.  It's been a fairly easy transition, but I found one issue that I haven't been able to resolve and I hope someone here can help me.  If I'm in the wrong place, I apologize and would ask to be directed to the correct spot.  
Okay, my question is that when I go to bed I usually note in my head what time the next morning I will need to reach 7 hours.  I realize that it's pretty silly to adher to Resmeds arbitrary 100 point score, but on certain things I am a bit of a silly twit.  I almost always wake up once somewhere in the middle of the night, and when I do, I notice how much time I've slept so far when I unhook the hose from my mask.  When I go back to bed I calculate the remaining time to get my 7 Hours and I determine what time I have to stay connected to get the full 70 points for connection time.  The problem occurs when I sometimes am too fuzzy when I wake up in the middle of the night that I don't think about what time I need to stay connected till.   
I know, this is a silly problem, but with the Airsense 10 I was able to unhook the mask for a few seconds and the display would tell me how long I've been hooked up so far.  I would then reattach it if it was a few minutes short and wait out time so I got the full 70 points.  It would not take away a point for an additional mask off if I connected it back with a short period of time (I never tried to determine how long, but there were times I forgot to turn on a ceiling fan if I wanted it and I unhooked, ran to the switch, turned it on and got to back to bed and reattached it and it didn't dock me for an unmask; maybe 10 seconds).   
With the Airsense 11, I can't find a way to determine how long I've been totally connected so far without hitting the button on top of the unit or disconnecting the mask and both of these automatically count as an additional mask off.  
I apologize if you feel this question was not worth it or wasted your time but it's been bugging me for awhile and when I discovered this forum I thought I could possibly find an answer here. 
Thanks in advance if someone would be able to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense11 Question
I have a 9, 10, and now an 11 and I have never seen or heard of a score.

But if you go to bed at 11 p.m. and plan to sleep to 6 a.m. for 7 hours, and get up for half an hour in the night, set an alarm clock to 6:30 a.m., thus 7 hours total.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got the answer, and it's free. Get the OSCAR program, and used in conjunction with an SD card to transfer data to your computer to view a whole truckload of CPAP usage data.

You will see the sleep duration, start and finish, plus you'll see events, pressure used, etc.

SD card can be any brand, between 2-32 GB capacity, format to FAT32. Leave it unlocked on the write protect slider. This SD card goes in the slot on the left side of your ResMed, there's a silicone flap door covering it. You can use a USB to SD card reader, about $10 on Amazon.

I think once you begin this you'll skip over MyAir.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep!  Oscar is way better and hopefully, it will help you stop worrying about points.  I have never heard of points; maybe it's part of MyAir, which I would drop if I were you.  You will love Oscar!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I passed on MyAir as a monitoring option but I bet you're right, points are probably part of that app.

Still, a timer, stopwatch or a clock works well if absolute minimum hours are wanted each night. Set a dollar store kitchen timer to 7:00 and let it count down and stop it when awake, and restart when getting back in bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I downloaded the Oscar app and installed it about 3 months ago, but have been too lazy to spend much time on it to figure out how to use it.  I do understand that the amount of information is great, and  I will definitely put in the effort soon, but for now, since my doctor uses the MyAir app to check on me, I'm trying to let him see I'm using it at least the minimum 7 hours and I'm not taking the mask off more than once.  
 Thank you all for your response, I do appreciate it.
I very often get too descriptive when trying to explain something and the real point gets obscured.  I guess I should have just asked, is there a way in the Airsense11 that you can see how much time you've had the mask on so far without taking the mask off or hitting the button on the top of the unit?  
Ricky, I see you understand exactly what I confusingly tried to explain, and the timer or clock is a good idea, but I also didn't want to make a fuss and noise each time and disturb my wife.  I was just hoping that there was something on the unit's screen that would show something like  4:17  indicating I've had the mask on 4 hours and 17 minutes so far without adding an additional  mask off for the night.  I looked through the menus pretty good and I'm guessing that there isn't.  
Again, thank you all for your comments and help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed 10 Sleep report length and tracking question beetee 11 364 08-23-2024, 12:58 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Z2 pressure vs Airsense11 pressure jwalker5 2 137 08-17-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jwalker5
  Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet question. Big Guy 29 1,119 06-04-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 787 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  AirSense11 - How to increase humidity BlueSky1958 8 1,007 10-22-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,369 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Missing some OSCAR data?/RM AirSense11 TomWii 2 906 08-12-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: TomWii

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.