Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed 10 Sleep report length and tracking question
RE: Resmed 10 Sleep report length and tracking question
(08-20-2024, 04:37 PM)beetee Wrote: But i need to see as many nights as possible to be able to retrospectively look back and track my progress, so i don't forget and i can compare and see how i'm progressing, setting to one day doesnt seem in line with someone new to cpap, who surely should be comparing a larger sample size over time?

You don't know what a good night vs. a bad night (via changing settings or even by not changing anything) was if you look at an average over a long time. Use OSCAR which lets you do that, vs. argue a point which would be the same problem for anything with variables.

For example if your AHI was 20 every night for the most recent month due to having changed things willy-nilly (or some other failure mode) but was 0.5 every night for 11 months before that, your average for a year would be 2.125 which is not all that bad. But the most recent day, week or month is still 20, which means your lack of specificity has actually masked changes for the worse. 

Leaving it at daily and writing down the results each morning could do something (with excel etc.) using math to work out averages but sounds like doing what OSCAR does, with (much) less data and a lot more work. Why do that?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed 10 Sleep report length and tracking question
Your report question of 8 hours that later becomes 5 minutes...

In the UK where you are, is it possible you sleep past noon? Take a look at your CPAP. Find the time. What is it compared to your local?

Plot the time you slept that night. If the time you slept overlaps noon, that session was cut into 2 segments.

ResMed should still follow a reporting day as noon to noon next day.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 135 09-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New here - Post Sleep Study Question Tenley 4 949 09-03-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 236 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  Help with OSCAR Report from Loewenstein Prisma Smart crunchy92 3 252 08-23-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help with Oscar Report Helpah11 3 251 08-07-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 9 1,085 07-31-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oxymeter report Bad532 9 1,139 07-01-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.