Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Understanding Philips Dreamstation data in OSCAR - A-Flex, leak rate and pressure?
Understanding Philips Dreamstation data in OSCAR - A-Flex, leak rate and pressure?
Hi,

I am helping a friend optimizing pressure. I have not before read data in OSCAR, from the Dreamstation and have the following querstions:

1. A-Flex on level 2: Looking at the pressure the A-Flex is not constant having a pressure difference of 2, like Resmed's EPR??

2. How to read the leak rates? Is the lower line showing correct data?

3. Seems like the data about median insp + exp time is not correct. When I manually measure, in the flow rate, the insp + exp time is different.

Please see attached from OSCAR.

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding Philips Dreamstation data in OSCAR - A-Flex, leak rate and pressure?

1. A-Flex on level 2: Looking at the pressure the A-Flex is not constant having a pressure difference of 2, like Resmed's EPR??
    The Flex option on a Philips is different from the Resmed EPR.  It uses some type of sliding scale.  Based off of reports here, level 3 should not be used, because it really messes up the pressures.  

2. How to read the leak rates? Is the lower line showing correct data?
    The 2 lines displayed are the total leakage (top line) and the leak rate minus the intentional mask leakage (bottom line).

3. Seems like the data about median insp + exp time is not correct. When I manually measure, in the flow rate, the insp + exp time is different.
    I don't know how to answer you.  Did you dump all the raw data and calculate all the times each waveform segment that was above and below zero line to accurately determine the Median (50 Percentile)?  Some people confuse percentiles with percentages.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding Philips Dreamstation data in OSCAR - A-Flex, leak rate and pressure?
Thank you!

What is generally said about the Dreamstation, I think ResMEd's EPR must be better with a contant PS. I see that my friend is in trouble everytime the A-Flex drops to a minimum and close to EPAP - would have been a complete different story on EPR?!

Foe me to see, An Airsense 10 or 11 would be better and also have more correct OSCAR data???
Post Reply Post Reply
For more information on A-flex and C-flex…

A-flex wiki https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/A-Flex

C-flex wiki https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=C-Flex
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 8 293 5 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  New member looking for Oscar data help mttm 15 540 9 hours ago
Last Post: mttm
Surprised Help Interpreting Oscar data HN2207 13 337 11 hours ago
Last Post: HN2207
  [CPAP] OSCAR help adjusting pressure - Prisma smart georgesadam 11 464 11 hours ago
Last Post: Zombie on my Lawn
  [CPAP] Please help understanding OSCAR data; AHI 5.5 and still drowsy -_- twomashi 4 201 Yesterday, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Advice with OSCAR Data sploomb 2 157 Yesterday, 04:27 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 45 2,242 10-02-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.