Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rolettman (Therapy Thread)
Hi everyone,

I was recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. My AHI was 30.0 and RDI was 34.0. I got my CPAP not too long ago. I got the ResMed 10 autosense, where it automatically adjust the pressure for you. 

While I am on my second week, the score from My Air last night reported a sleep score of 90 and my AHI was 0.0. However, I still feel more tired so I decided to download OSCAR to help if there is any improvement. I am sort of lost on how to interpret these results and see what I can do to better my sleep. Any advice is appreciated! 

PS: I am attaching a screenshot of my OSCAR report from last night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I already posted to this thread, but I can't find so here goes again....   Welcome to the board there will be many people that can and will help you.  You have posted late and many of our  contributors are on the east coast and it is about midnight there..  So try to post earlier to get their imput.

I see that your not really set up -  they just said this is an autoset so we will put in the lowest it can possible go for the min and highest it can possibly go for the max.  And then through in EPR of 3 and were done - BS there is no adjustment at all.

We need to make one change and then get a nights reading and go from there.  Your min number is your inhale number and 4 is so small I can't believe you are not suffocating with that.   Please move the min to 7 and it may need to go higher after we see what is going on.

You have your EPR =3 PLEASE leave that at 3.

sleep with those setting tonight and when you post tell us HOW YOU FEEL.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone,

I completed my second week of CPAP therapy. I am not sure if this is common, but I have been noticing improvements in my brain fog and am having a better memory recalling tasks. I am more alert and I see I have more resiliency in completing tasks at work. Still waiting on the physical energy to be improved. My body feels tired around 11:30am, parts of the afternoon and around 5pm. All I know is early afternoon naps during the day with the CPAP have been a dream. I wake up feeling good than I do without the CPAP. The problem now is feeling that refreshed when I wake up in the morning .

I attaching my OSCAR file from Thursday as my idiot self forgot to wear the mask last night. I am trying to improve on the leaks, also it might be time to talk to my sleep therapist to increase the min pressure. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rolettman (Therapy Thread)
I have merged your two threads to help members that are advising to better see your history.

This is the preferred method here to keep your therapy questions and graphs to one thread.

Thanks!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Move your minimum pressure up to 7cm as Stacy advised above. You really aren't getting the full benefit of using EPR by keeping your minimum at 4cm.

Post another chart here in this thread tomorrow with new pressure change.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed, pressure needs increased to 7 for the minimum. Leaks are high and need addressed. OSCAR tells us your 95% leaks were 31.2. The ResMed redlines leaks at 24 so you have some mask and/or other leak control that'll need to improve.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome there are many people who can help here but all will need good data.  To help with that you need to turn off the calendar but clicking on the triangle in the date area. 2nd thing is to get rid of short sessions when you were not sleeping.  3rd use your mouse to drag any chart you want to show to make it visible (flow limits)

As far as settings - as you said you have autoset and that allows the machine is raise any where between the min and max for treat.  BUT it does not take care of everything. 

Your EPR is dong nothing at all. Let me try to explain. EPR is exhale pressure relief meaning it lowers the min by the number it is set to (0, 1, 2, 3).   But the absolute lowest pressure any pap machine goes is 4. Your min is already set at 4 so the EPR can not be used. 

Set your min to 7 that will allow the EPR to move the exhale pressure to 4.  It ALSO helps with flow limits. 

Flow limits are apnea as is any O or H events. They are smaller and not timed, but can disturb sleep and may be why you don’t feel rested.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies and advice. I am a little hesitant to jump the pressure from 4 to 7. Part of it feels like there's so much air blowing that is making me uncomfortable. I was thinking of gradually increasing the pressure, ex from 4 to 5 one night and see how I feel. Would that option work as well?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's your therapy, so move at your pace. Just realize EPR 3 has limited effects until Min pressure gets to 7 due to the math.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OIt As dave said it is your therapy but 7 is actually very small in fact if you have no masks leaks then it would make an adult feel air starved

In fact I am on oxygen 24/7 at 4   

This is my glasses with the cannula
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 98 5,755 8 hours ago
Last Post: eok361
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 25 481 Yesterday, 05:28 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 124 4,869 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
Brick Cape67's Therapy Thread Cape67 6 275 Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 76 1,350 09-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 118 4,232 09-05-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Abdulfakih
  Auroraborealis Sleep Data thread - thoughts on hypoxemia Auroraborealis 8 134 09-05-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Auroraborealis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.