Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aircurve 10 ASV
Aircurve 10 ASV
I received my AirCurve 10 ASV and in the first attempt to use it, the exhale back-off response is very slow in comparison to my old machine (Phillips SysOne)

For example with my old machine, the inhalation pressure backs off immediately as I start to exhale, but with the Air Curve it takes 1-2 seconds, which when it happens over and over I start to feel like I'm suffocating.

Is this long response time normal for this device?

P.S.  I know I can adjust the ramp, but presumably this will wake me up once that period is done.

Thanks for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aircurve 10 ASV
(Yesterday, 04:34 PM)kbjames Wrote: I received my AirCurve 10 ASV and in the first attempt to use it, the exhale back-off response is very slow in comparison to my old machine (Phillips SysOne)

For example with my old machine, the inhalation pressure backs off immediately as I start to exhale, but with the Air Curve it takes 1-2 seconds, which when it happens over and over I start to feel like I'm suffocating.

Is this long response time normal for this device?

P.S.  I know I can adjust the ramp, but presumably this will wake me up once that period is done.

Thanks for any help.

Hi kbjames,

It would be very beneficial to see a daily Oscar chart.  I have used the AC10 vauto and a DS1 autobipap (the successor to the sysone), can you check your ti/min/max settings please and also let us know what the machine is set to if you can't share an Oscar chart?
Post Reply Post Reply
I found Ramp to be a hindrance while using the ASV for 2 years. The ResMed ASV has the following settings:

Mode: CPAP ASV ASV Auto
CPAP a static single pressure

EPAP either as single pressure in ASV or a Min and Max range in ASV Auto

PS a range in both ASV and ASV Auto, must use a range minimum of 5

IPAP is the sum of EPAP and PS at the moment, will always be a range, isn't manually set, caps at 25 Max

Then there's the common Ramp, humidity, heated hose, smart start, etc.

Note there is zero manual timing controls. No Ti Min and Max, no Trigger, cycle, etc.

Given this, yes you'll want to post OSCAR data so we can guide on what setting edits might help.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the responses all.

I think at a minimum i'll need to check the settings and set it to ASVAuto, as I believe its currently in standard ASV.

Right now EPAP is set to 15 and it feels too strong.  PS Min is 6, PS Max 9. Any recommendations on what range I should try first in ASV Auto mode?

Its also fairly loud when i'm inhaling, any recommendations there to make it quieter?

P.S. I'm not setup with OSCAR yet, but that is on my to do list. Been busy otherwise, so trying to get this stuff going.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The EPAP and PS you have are pretty much opposite what is typical.

Lacking ASV Auto mode is going to hinder, because that EPAP is static. 15 EPAP, is that what you need in some way?

PS Min 6 is also too high for the typical need.

Is it possible these settings were like a copy and paste from your older Phillip Respironics System One?

What EPAP do you require?

Consider this edit if you want...

ASV Auto mode

EPAP 8-15
PS 3-15
IPAP will not be seen within settings edit area, but will be the sum of EPAP and PS. Example, my suggested edit makes the IPAP range 11-30. Note the ResMed ASV Max IPAP is 25 though.

Cheat codes for clinical menu
Hold both Home and click the Dial together for 5 seconds.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,992 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
  [Equipment] Can I use Aircurve 10 ASV (PaceWave CS) instead of an Aircurve 10 Vauto ? Gillyweed 7 277 09-06-2024, 01:28 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
Information [CPAP] Aircurve 11 Oscar Chart WeaponizedCactus 7 310 09-05-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Squealing Resmed AirCurve ASV FE350 2 159 09-03-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: FE350
  AHI very high after switching from Dreamstation to Aircurve 10 mu50256 15 619 08-25-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  carnuntum - Switching from Prisma APAP to Aircurve bi-level therapy carnuntum 8 1,488 08-16-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: carnuntum
Gross Airsense 11 to Aircurve 10 vauto taxprof1122 7 587 08-12-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: taxprof1122

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.