Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

At Home Sleep test results help
At Home Sleep test results help
Diagnosed with apnea from these results; I'm a generally previously healthy 27M, until these recent months of symptoms. Attached pics of detailed results

Obstructive Sleep Apnea (G47.33) - Moderate based on pRDI=16.1 and O2 nadir of 85%

Appreciate any help! Have had elevated hemoglobin hematocrit and rbc, and many symptoms matching polycythemia, and sleepiness in daytime and heavy snoring, believing OSA is causing secondary polycythemia, but here's my lofta results as sleep studies are 6 months out by me.

Appreciate you all

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: At Home Sleep test results help
Why is your text grey? Unless my eyes are failing me, I can barely see it.

That should be good enough to get a prescription. You’ll want to ask the doc for a specific machine and mask. Someone will no doubt be along soon to tell you which machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is that better? Evidently, the OP used a word processor to construct the post, and his system is set to the dark mode. Copying processed text embeds the font and color along with the text.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless I'm looking at this wrong your chart only shows an AHI of 3.6.  I don't think most insurance companies will pay for a machine for someone with an AHI of less than 5.  Were you planning to buy a machine yourself?
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Might be the RDI score 16.1 can get the CPAP. If I'm accurate with the RDI, go with ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  can I test for sleep apnea by setting a very low pressure? joelin02 12 469 09-11-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: PersonInNY
  OSCAR Results Help Napnea4 4 159 09-07-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Question [CPAP] Oscar results - How can I improve on this further? nomosnow 4 241 09-05-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: nomosnow
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 15 1,439 09-03-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  I quit using CPAP as a test. Here is what I found out... rockyarbor 4 357 08-30-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: rockyarbor
  Confusing WatchPAT One results jordybug 1 147 08-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Improve stabilize results jquintero 3 224 08-29-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: jquintero

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.