Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines
RE: [split] Rash on face due to SoClean
I did not have rash issues; however, I received information that using SoClean would void my Resmed warranty. Qzone can have some pretty powerful negative effects. Thank you for the warning.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SoClean What are the facts?

.pdf   ozone-policy-initiative_patient-letter.pdf (Size: 34.72 KB / Downloads: 18)
Have recently purchased a SoClean machine for spouse.  She has auto-immune disease making her highly susceptible to upper respiratory infections.  ANY advantage is worth it in my opinion.

Saw the post regarding ozone and seals, etc.  Have new machines ResMed AirSense 10. 

ResMed position on this published in patient letter Jan 2020.

Within last few days I wrote SoClean and sent them a copy of the ResMed patient letter.  Their response....

If ResMed doesn't cover a warranty repair within the two year warranty period.....they will.  Sent me a link to register the machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Soclean died after about 13 years. I recently bought the Respify ozone cleaner. It's different than a Soclean in that you don't run it through your machine ( but you can.) Instead, you choose what you'd like to treat and place it in a bag that' s provided along with the very small ozone device. I treat my hose and humidifier tray every few days. I simply wash my mask.

I place the bag in my bathroom with the windows open and close the door when it' s operating.

Every two weeks I plan to treat my machine for possilble mold. Otherwise, it's not involved in the whole ozone process.

I'm liking this system.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you hook up these ozone systems directly to the cpap unit (without Humidifier) without damaging the unit?

I bought a used Dreamstation at a flea market that was very nasty. I've spent two days disassembling and cleaning every part except the blower assembly. The blower assembly looks brand new and doesn't smell, but the intake channel is lined with foam that I'd like to somehow disinfect before I use the machine. According to the SD card that was still in the machine, it hasn't been used since the middle of 2018. (Thanks Oscar!) 

I'm also planning on replacing the dry box seal and the water chamber seal before using the unit.  Sorry to high jack the thread - I'm planning on doing my own thread when I'm finished restoring the Dreamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply
With Respify you can just stick your machine in the provided bag along with the ozone generating unit and leave it for ninety minutes. 

I used a Soclean for about thirteen years almost daily with no harm to my cpap machine. Others here feel that ozone damages machines. 

So are you feeling lucky punk? (sorry couldn't resist.) i would worry far more about using the machine as you describe it , no matter what, than running ozone through it. If you're determined to use this machine, helll yes, use ozone and anything else you've got.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a SoClean and use it occasionally (maybe monthly) on my Dreamstation as an added cleaning regimen to regular alcohol wipes, soapy water, etc.   As others noted, I have noticed the ozone smell after cleaning so after I use it, I flush the heated hose and reservoir with a combination of antibacterial soap and Scope mouthwash and wipe down the inside of the CPAP with alcohol wipes. 

I have read many user comments that silicone parts start to turn yellow from age with or without ozone contact.  I just purchased two silicone seals (Amazon) for my Dreamstation and haven't had any problems. The factory parts are inexpensive and easy to replace.  

As a SoClean owner for almost 3 years, I don't believe an ozone generator is needed, however other users advise that the ozone reaches areas we normally can't clean so I was wondering how often other SoClean owners use it,  and also how often should silicone seals be replaced? 

Al
Post Reply Post Reply
Love the (I think it's a...) UP 9000 in your avatar.

I'm just 38 months into the RESMED I'm using, and have replaced nothing but filters.  I don't use the ozone cleaners, just potassium metabisulphite, which is a strong oxidizer.  Even so, I'm still getting good seals around my nose and from the one sealing the water reservoir.

My philosophy is to get every hour of work out of a thing, and to have a replacement handy for the hour at which the item gives up the ghost.  Immediatel,y seek a replacement for the replacement.

I'm still mystified by the need for ozone to reach areas we users can't reach to clean.  Clean what...exaxtly?  Or rather, from what?
Post Reply Post Reply
So clean
Hi everyone, I am just looking for some advice on the so clean machine I bought. My question is, do I need to empty out the water in the humidifier while using the so clean to disinfect my unit? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: So clean
No, you need to rinse the humidifier tank and let it dry, and clean equipment in accordance with manufacturer recommendation (mild soap and water)  and do not disinfect your unit with activated oxygen. Your warranty may be voided if you use the ozone cleaner in the CPAP.  Resmed specifically excludes damage from activated oxygen from units like SoClean.  I'm sure SoClean is sorry for your inconvenience.  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...3Lfu6B2KrA

Quote:This limited warranty is only available to the initial consumer. It is not transferable. If the product fails under conditions of normal use, ResMed will repair or replace, at its option, the defective product or any of its components.
This limited warranty does not cover:
a) any damage caused as a result of improper use, abuse, modification or alteration of the product;
b) repairs carried out by any service organization that has not been expressly authorized by ResMed to perform such repairs;
c) any damage or contamination due to cigarette, pipe, cigar or other smoke;
d) any damage caused by exposure to ozone, activated oxygen or other gases; and
e) any damage or contamination due to insect infestation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: So clean
Thank you for the info, I'm pretty new to the CPAP. I am reading different things good and bad about using So Clean and I don't know if I made the right choice buying it. Can I ask, in your personal opinion should a product like so clean not be used on a CPAP? I have only had it for a few days now and I was thinking about returning it due to so many negative comments I have read about using one. Thank you in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I cannot stand cleaning this thing SleepyAF 8 283 09-30-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] How frequently to you do a deep mask cleaning? seepapnyc 9 375 09-15-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: seepapnyc
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 11 1,862 09-13-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Anyone use CPAP sanitizing machines? sleepingbetterinFl 6 291 09-09-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Cleaning advice needed for Resmed p30i AshSF 2 211 08-28-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Holiday/Vacation Usage Importance & Cleaning...... beetee 12 604 08-12-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: beetee
  [Equipment] Cleaning ResMed AirFit P30i/N30i exhaust port asterisk 1 285 08-05-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.