Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Solved problem of machine going on/off, on/off, on/off
Solved problem of machine going on/off, on/off, on/off
My APAP machine began turning off at random times during the night. It would start up again after perhaps twenty seconds, but nevertheless, it was alarming and it was disturbing my sleep.

I got a new machine. The problem became worse, but was a little different -- it would start and stop numerous times when I first powered it up and again after I had gotten up to pee. I troubleshot the problem extensively, both independently and with the help of my DME. Nothing helped until I recently tested the voltage. I have four electrical outlets at the side of my bed. I tested them and found that two (one of which I used for my machine) was putting out 112 volts. The other two put out 118 volts. I switched the machine over to one of the 118 volt outlets and the machine began working as it should.

It appears that a reduction of only six volts can have a significant impact on the machine. I am posting this as perhaps a help to someone who might be having the same problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Solved problem of machine going on/off, on/off, on/off
The on/off thing can also happen if Smart Start is set to on. There are issues with Smart Start.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, but it is working fine now, even with the SmartStart on. I'm convinced the problem was the reduced voltage.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have smart start enabled and have a 10 VAuto and it went off for the first time last night. Woke unable to breath well (I tape my mouth) because it is hard to breath through the machine, the porous tape and the masks' exhaust vents. Thankful for the body's ability to waken you with a C02 build up.

Machine wouldn't turn on, so I pulled the mask and went back to sleep. Hours later I woke, checked all of the connections to the machine and the power supply. Only thing that fixed it was unplug from the wall and plug back in.

My data showed it was about an hour into sleep when it stopped.  There wasn't a power outage in the night.

Is there a way to see if the machine threw an error code that might have been cleared from the display when I rebooted with a powercycle?  There was no display on the device until I power cycled.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A problem connecting with the humidifier Pushe 1 176 10-08-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 301 280,076 09-25-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Halian
Angry [CPAP] Resmed Mask F30i - Tabs keep breaking.. Anybody else have this problem? Snacko 6 2,614 09-24-2024, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Sis2cher
  Really struggling with finding source of problem/right settings theswerve 3 287 08-29-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 25 7,490 08-20-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Back up Battery Problem Kimb 3 344 08-01-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad [Equipment] Airsense 11 Humidity problem chemesherpa 0 315 06-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: chemesherpa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.