Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SonjaAHI41 - Therapy Thread
RE: SonjaAHI41 - Therapy Thread
Well the change is impressive.  I see some progress.

Do you see the spikes on the leak rate graph?  This indicates mask movement.  

The only problem is that you shouldn't have to tighten a mask so tight as to cause discomfort, or leave marks on your face.  Sad

Try using this technique when fitting your mask:  

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._Jeffy1958
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose, thanks ,good advise

I read everything about masks, but I didn't read the wonderful article :
"How to get a perfect mask fit - GUARANTEE! by Jeffy1958"

Just one more question.(for now  Big Grin)
Can you see the quality of sleep, rem phase on Oscar?

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2024, 10:05 AM)SonjaAHI41 Wrote:
Can you see the quality of sleep, rem phase on Oscar?[/font][/size]

[/size][/font][/color]

Sonja,
I suppose you would have to open up the flow rate graph to look at some individual breaths and compare with the respiratory graph.  I think the respiratory graph may rise during REM sleep.  

I'm not real certain how to tell that exactly.  Maybe others here can.  

There are wearable devices, like Fitbit, Apple Watch, etc. that track rem sleep, deep sleep, etc.,  but I don't know how accurate they are.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote;

There are wearable devices, like Fitbit, Apple Watch, etc. that track rem sleep, deep sleep, etc.,  but I don't know how accurate they are.

Yes, I know about them although I don't think they are completely accurate.
Thank you OpalRose from the bottom of my heart.
Until the next question  Rolleyes ,greetings.
Post Reply Post Reply
pretty sure the only way to be completely accurate at determining sleep cycles is with an EEG, like at the hospital during a sleep study.

Apple / fitbit should give good enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=66280 Wrote: Narcil 
pretty sure the only way to be completely accurate at determining sleep cycles is with an EEG, like at the hospital during a sleep study.

Apple / fitbit should give good enough data.

OpalRose:

Sonja,
I suppose you would have to open up the flow rate graph to look at some individual breaths and compare with the respiratory graph.  I think the respiratory graph may rise during REM sleep.  

As you advised me, I went to study the flow rate graph, individual breaths and the respiratory graph.  
At one point my Obstructive Apnea rose to 38,
flow rate from -51 to 114.
Of course, I don't know how to read and know what's causing it, but you can see a big oscillation in some moments.

In any case, I am attaching the data, so if someone can explain, I will be very grateful for their help.

[color=var(--COEmY)][Image: ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC]

[/color]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Good morning

Yesterday I tried to raise the minimum pressure from 7 to 8 because I constantly had a feeling of suffocation.

The mask stayed on me for even 2 hours, I, as usual, was not aware of it.
I have the feeling that every day I'm falling more and more. I have no energy, strength at all. I hardly get up in the morning and most days I lie on the couch.
I don't know what I would say and think.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply

Good morning,

I am attaching new data. I would be extremely grateful if someone would analyze it for me.
As far as energy is concerned, it is still very low, I am sleepy during the day, rarely would I just lie down.
I still hope it will get better.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here.
I feel severe daytime fatigue, and severe memory/concentration issuesDont-know I was treated for "depression" for more than 15 years because of this. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Sonja,
I've taken some time to reread through all your posts and what has been suggested and tried this far.
I'm convinced that the high flow limitation won't or cannot be resolved with your current machine.

The flow limitation may be caused by your sleep position. Try to stay on your side if able.

It also appears that you did much better with a minimum pressure set at 7, but felt like you were not getting enough air, then changed it to 8.

Are you able to try a minimum pressure of 7.5 or 7.6 and drop the maximum pressure to 9.5. This will be a narrow pressure range and limit the machine from raising pressure to the max due to flow limitation. The pressure swings might be the reason you are pulling your mask off. Dont-know

Summary:

Minimum set to 7.6
Maximum set to 9.6
IPR set at 2
NO RAMP.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Dear OpalRose,

thank you for taking the effort and analyzing the results for me.
I also noticed that my minimum pressure is 8 too much, I was thinking of returning it to 7, but I will listen to you and adjust it as you said.

Thanks again.

Sonja
I feel severe daytime fatigue, and severe memory/concentration issuesDont-know I was treated for "depression" for more than 15 years because of this. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fantasieimpromptu - Therapy Thread Fantasieimpromptu 10 127 7 hours ago
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu
  Angela's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 1 69 Yesterday, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 112 2,846 Yesterday, 09:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  sleepyveem's therapy thread sleepyveem 11 621 09-17-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: sleepyveem
  Zeno's therapy thread Zeno 10 320 09-16-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Zeno
  Brigabart's Therapy Thread Brigabart 10 276 09-15-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 100 6,140 09-13-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.