Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Spont Cycle
Spont Cycle
My Resmed 10 aircurve bipap reports Spont Cyc but this does not appear under the Oscar Statistics. Any reason why? I think this is a useful metric.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Spont Cycle
Where are you seeing this? I thought that was on an ST or ST-A model.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Under sleep report fourth from the bottom

Resmed air curve 10 BiPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
Which exact ResMed BPAP is this? There's several, VAuto, S, ST, ST-A, ASV are all BPAP.

PS: looking at another of your threads, you were using VAuto. Spontaneous cycle probably indicates your own pulmonary initiated cycling to exhale or similar.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I looked at the machine's Sleep report. There seem to be several values displayed that are not in the recorded data stream. I had to do a search to see its definition. I also found a thread back from 2014 that addressed your question. Here are the links to the complete thread and to the post within it that addresses the answer.

Thread: Impact of "% spontaneous cycled breaths"

Post: https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...6#pid78726

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the interesting link. Guess I will still have to be recording it by hand if I want to adjust it.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.