Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] NightmaresOfTheBottom - Therapy Help Thread
NightmaresOfTheBottom - Therapy Help Thread
Hello everyone,

I've read through many of the posts, guides, and resources here.  This is my first post.

I was recently diagnosed with moderate obstructive sleep apnea.  I have year round allergies causing nasal congestion and enlarged turbinates.  I had a home sleep study done a few years ago that was inconclusive, and a recent in-lab sleep study that recorded an AHI of 15.2.  I've felt that I've had sleep issues my entire life - trouble falling asleep, trouble staying asleep, trouble waking up, not feeling well-rested, and daytime fatigue.  I use melatonin and occasionally Ambien to help sleep.

I got tired of waiting for my sleep doctor, DME, and insurance company to process the paperwork and get me set up with equipment, so I purchased my own ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset through Lofta.  I use a ResMed AirFit F30i full face mask.  I also use a Nonin Wrist Ox2 Bluetooth (BLE) Model 3150 oximeter and a gen 3 Oura ring (which is what initially gave me data pointing to possible sleep apnea).  I will hopefully (within the next month) receive a second AirSense 11 through insurance, at which point my current machine will become my travel/backup machine.

I've completed one full night's sleep with the machine, as well as several partial night's sleep where I ripped the mask off after a couple hours.  I've also used it while awake watching TV and reading to become familiar with it.

My settings are mode AutoSet, pressure 5-15, AutoSet response standard, ramp time auto, start pressure 4, EPR on, type full time, level 3, climate control auto, tube temp auto, mask setting full face, b/v filter off, smartstart on, smartstop off.

I have attached my redacted in-lab sleep study results, as well as OSCAR screenshots from the first full night.  I've included the oxygen and pulse information as well since I have that capability.  I felt okay when waking up after it, but not particularly well-rested.  It was not too uncomfortable to sleep with.

I'm interested to know how my results look and how I can improve the APAP treatment.  Please let me know if I should include any more information or screenshots.  

Thanks in advance for any help,
NightmaresOfTheBottom

Link to redacted sleep study:
imgur DOT com/a/8y3p45p

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NightmaresOfTheBottom - Therapy Help Thread
I have also uploaded the data into SleepHQ so that it can be viewed that way in addition to the OSCAR screenshots.

https://sleephq DOT com/public/teams/share_links/df23a4ac-5e69-4615-99b6-7112b80ac0f3
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

I suggest you set your starting pressure at 7.  This is a good starting point for most adults, and it allows your EPR setting to work better.  I also suggest you turn ramp off.  You get no therapy during ramp.  Try it without ramp, and if you are really uncomfortable, run it set at 5 for about 10 minutes.  You'll find you don't need it very shortly.

Again, welcome, and good luck!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2024, 06:33 PM)NightmaresOfTheBottom Wrote: I have also uploaded the data into SleepHQ so that it can be viewed that way in addition to the OSCAR screenshots.

https://sleephq DOT com/public/teams/share_links/df23a4ac-5e69-4615-99b6-7112b80ac0f3

I just checked your sleephq charts, turn EPR off and raise your min pressure to 8cm.  You should be able to handle that minimum pressure, but it you can't turn it on @ 1.  Your 99.5 percent pressure is 10.4 and you're having clear airway events and Obstructive Apneas, turning epr off will help these.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 32 3,004 10 minutes ago
Last Post: THEVGE
Wink hwnboy therapy thread hwnboy 60 2,768 10-14-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  LuminousOne Therapy Thread LuminousOne 31 1,649 10-14-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 127 5,703 10-13-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  johnnygz - Therapy Thread johnnygz 16 1,745 10-12-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: johnnygz
  [Treatment] TheHelios321 - Therapy Help Thread thehelios321 2 190 10-09-2024, 11:28 PM
Last Post: thehelios321
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 3,003 420,619 10-08-2024, 08:06 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.