Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer?
Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer?
I've been a loyal customer of Supplier #1 for over two decades, but recently, I've noticed they've started adding sales tax to CPAP masks, parts, and other related items. Being in Canada and residing near a border town, 

I used to take advantage of the proximity to the US/Canada border by having my supplies shipped to one of the many shipping centers nearby. Then, I would declare these medical DME (Durable Medical Equipment) supplies to the customs order agent. In Canada, these supplies are tax-exempt.

Traditionally, ordering supplies from Supplier #1 has been much more cost-effective than purchasing them locally in Canada. However, it seems like the landscape might be changing in this regard.

I'm interested to hear where you all source your CPAP supplies, especially when it comes to hard-to-find or "discontinued" masks or parts. Please share your experiences and recommendations!

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules. Your post has been edited to instead read "Supplier #1"

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer?
Sales taxes are imposed by states rather than the federal government. States that exempt medical supplies are listed in this article. https://salestaxhelp.com/states-tax-medical-devices If you are being improperly taxed, you should contact customer service at Supplier #1. In general sales tax is applied based on where you accept delivery.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paying for supplies - newbie BlueSky1958 6 290 10-17-2024, 03:32 PM
Last Post: TiredOne789
  Buying masks from Lofta for the first time (prescription required?) nicholasb600 3 487 06-23-2024, 01:16 AM
Last Post: nicholasb600
  Has anyone received Medicare reimbursement for purchased CPAP or subsequent supplies? gbecsi 6 621 06-01-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: ischua
  buying a machine for centrals. jerry1967 6 479 05-18-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Buying CPAP machine for non United States resident ivan007 6 551 05-03-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [Equipment] Who Do You Get Your Supplies From? Fritz1255 2 486 03-29-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 578 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.