Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING
TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING
Once again, we find Yoda's advice handy, "Do or do not. There is no try," as we approach Daylight Savings Time at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, Mar 10, 2024.
This is the easy change when we "Spring Ahead" and lose one hour of sleep.

Then, again, we can look to the hard change on Sun, Nov 3, 2024, when we "Fall Behind," gain one hour of sleep and some screw up our data. 
Quote:Sleeprider Wrote:

Every time we change from DST to Standard Time members make mistakes and lose data. The correct answer has always been, don’t do it. It’s not your alarm clock and this is an example of why this feature hides behind the clinical menu.

To correct, download data to Oscar then format the SD card and reset user data on the machine.

It only matters for those keeping meticulous medical records or dealing with automated backups. My backup starts at 2:00 a.m. daily.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING
Lolabove  Thanks for the reminder!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll catch up to everyone in an hour. I've already set my time forward on my several digital clocks that don't set themselves. So basically it looks like 6:25 PM already.

Just don't touch the ResMed alarm clock settings.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The tough one is in the Fall when they try to set the clock back before afternoon.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't get it. Do most of us change our pap machines to match the time change? I don't think I ever have. Does it really matter?
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a nice ResMed alarm clock... Cool

[Image: Z3YXvOG.png]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So my signature line says it, befuddled  Huhsign

I posted time change related question in a new thread.  Now I see this thread.  But not quite sure what I am supposed to do or not do.

Quote:To correct, download data to Oscar then format the SD card and reset user data on the machine.

Would some patient, kind soul detail the above quoted instruction?  For instance reformat SD card, how exactly?

(I have the ResMed ST-A) I have inserted the card into my computer and downloaded the data (albeit all wonky due to stupid time change).
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Plmnb, how far ahead is the time/date on your machine from the correct time/date?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ohmy 
I just checked the machine in the clinician section and I am “flummoxed” lol.

It says 10:34 which is only off by 3 minutes!!

The report from the SD card only showed 1 hour of sleep last night and I know it was more than that.

I can’t tell you what the time of the recording on the reports was  because I already figured out how to delete last nigh’s charts and did so.

Maybe I’m just out of luck in regards to last night, not a big deal at all, just slightly irritating.

If I just put the SD card back in now will everything take care of itself? I shouldn’t need to do anything special with the card at this point since the date and time appear correct?
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, the date on the machine is correct

Maybe this is all because I turned the machine on last night close to the time change?  I thought I turned it on around 12 midnight or 1 ish.  I don’t remember for sure though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 155 8,139 10-11-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: jefferyscott0
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 2 488 10-03-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: iknownothing
  Waste of Time? - Pulmonary Visit mark.apnea 8 419 09-26-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Another low (really low) AHI but tired - first time OSCAR user xtracheese 4 309 09-25-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: xtracheese
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 281 09-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 608 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Recommendation for CPAP repair service, thanks to Sleeprider GP49 3 252 08-31-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.