Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Taking a sleep test while on CPAP?
Taking a sleep test while on CPAP?
Is it beneficial to take an at home sleep study while on CPAP ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Taking a sleep test while on CPAP?
It looks like you are already using a pap machine.  Why do you want a sleep study?  Is it to see if you need to use your machine, or to figure out what settings to use?  If it's settings, we can help you.  If you download Oscar, a free cpap reporting service that provides detailed information about your sleep each night, and post the reports, folks here can help you choose settings that will provide both better therapy and better comfort.  At the top of each page in the black section, you will see OSCAR.  From there you can learn how to use the program.  If that's too complicated, there are plenty here (not meRolleyes) who can help you figure it out.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!  I was just wondering if taking the at home sleep study while on CPAP could help glean anything different than the CPAP machine itself and/or OSCAR..
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mean simultaneously? I don't think I would want to use both CPAP and home sleep test at the same time...You would have to make sure none of the equipment interferes with each other electronically.

But a large part of sleep test data is derived from oxygenation information. If you are looking for more data, you can get a continuous overnight oxygen monitor such as the Sleep U and it might be cheaper than a sleep test. Plus, you can use it every night instead of just a one-time sample. These devices measure SPO2, heart rate, and motion and with some setup be integrated into Oscar so that you can see how the data correlates. They don't measure sleep position or exertional effort, but some people have rigged up an overnight camera to get the former.

Does anyone know if exertional effort can be seen or intuitive from Oscar PAP data?
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a lab PSG with CPAP
Shown a different AHI (5.1 vs 1.6), very shallow sleep, and bruxism
If you are having problems after trying several things, maybe it could help
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking of Taking a Break Until I Can Get Bilevel Idub88 25 646 09-05-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Idub88
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 15 1,396 09-03-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  [CPAP] Taking mask off in sleep nevian 12 416 09-03-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [CPAP] starting to use CPAP without sleep study/data help Fantasieimpromptu 2 130 09-03-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu
  I quit using CPAP as a test. Here is what I found out... rockyarbor 4 314 08-30-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: rockyarbor
  Just got my first sleep test results. BigRedDoc 0 122 08-27-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: BigRedDoc
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 206 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.