Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying CPAP again - OSCAR data interpretation
Trying CPAP again - OSCAR data interpretation
            Hi all -

I was just not able to get used to my CPAP with my nasal pillows. I just bought a full-face mask and it feels better to me. Do you mind looking at the attached OSCAR data to see if there is anything that I can tweak? Really appreciate your help.

Although the full-face mask feels more comfortable as it relates to feeling like I am getting enough air, I will say that my nose gets itchy often throughout the night, waking me up. Note the nostrils themselves, just like a feather is tickling my nose. I have to reach under my mask to relieve it. Not sure if there are any fixes/tips for that. Perhaps could be why my leak rate is pretty high. Also went to the bathroom a few times, unplugging my tube from my mask. Not sure if that could impact the overall numbers as well as leak rate as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying CPAP again - OSCAR data interpretation
I get the feather in my nose when my nostril hairs get too long (tmi) lol

Also, you need to raise min pressure a bit to help with the H/UA/OA events too please (10.6cm).
Post Reply Post Reply
You're having a lot of leak, so you should try readjusting your mask, trying different component sizes for the mask, trying a new mask, etc. There are also these things called mask liners that can be quite helpful, which are like little pieces of cloth customized for your mask type. You have some flow limitation too, which ultimately could be treated, but my advice is to first focus on the leaks and go from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your charts need to be formatted differently. Use F12 to copy your Oscar, then make sure we can see to the very bottom of the Flow Limits.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Ha! Mine is moreso on my nose itself rather than inside. Thanks for the reply  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey - really appreciate the reply. Probably going to readjust the mask tonight and see how that works. I actually did buy a mask liner and have not used it - will see what the numbers look like tomorrow and go from there. Will focus on this issue first and then go to flow limitations if need be...thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thanks for letting me know. When I post again, I'll keep that in mind.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepHQ data for someone struggling with CPAP therhile 31 865 7 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Sleep Apnea CPAP/OSCAR/OSA/CA trish1028 1 78 Yesterday, 03:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Data Looks Fine, But Still Very Sleepy dvschwab 3 201 09-07-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 26 1,044 09-07-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: alemon
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 85 09-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Just discovered OSCAR, how does my data look? mtdang 8 380 09-07-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 1 95 09-06-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.