Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New here and would like input
New here and would like input
Hi guys . i am new here, but have been reading posts for a while. Although my Ahi looks decent, I still dont feel great and am not seeing as much benefit as I thought I would.
i am looking for help in optimizing settings.
Dreamstation Apap
Amara view hybrid mask
12 to 20 autopap setting
flex off
humidity 3
Soft cervical collar

i am seeing Reras in my data and breathing issues but I dont really understand the data

I will attach a zoomed in period where there were a cluster of events.

Any input would be great.

i have attached a close up of some data

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New here and would like input
Fgav2402,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

Your overall AHI isn't bad, but your therapy could be optimized a bit. Respironics machines are notorious for its slow response to apnea events. Therefore, the algorithm works best if the minimum pressure is set close or at the 95% number.

Try changing the minimum setting to 14cm and the maximum setting to 18. You currently have the Flex setting off, so let's try setting it to 2. This should help alleviate the Flow Limitation, Hypopnea and Reras. Try this for a few days and report back with updated charts.

BTW, when you repost your graphs, follow the Organization Link in my signature line. For starters, we would like to see on one chart the following graphs: Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate (and since Respironics does not show a Flow Limitation Graph, add in the Snore Graph.)

Be sure to include the entire left side bar, so we can see all the statistics. This way, you whittle everything down to one chart and can post three days worth if needed for comparison.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Opalrose, I appreciate you looking at my data and thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely try those settings. 
Out of curiosity, when turning flex to 2. How does that improve things? Am I breathing against a pressure that's too high and causing issues?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2024, 06:45 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Fgav2402,
..... You currently have the Flex setting off, so let's try setting it to 2.  This should help alleviate the Flow Limitation, Hypopnea and Reras......

I will add, that although the Flex setting should help with what I listed above, Flex doesn't work as well as using EPR on a ResMed machine. You won't know if you don't try, you can always turn it Off.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Input after two weeks TacoCat 2 216 06-24-2024, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Can anyone with Airfit P10 Give input Alfons 8 479 05-14-2024, 08:06 AM
Last Post: AshSF
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 604 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 3,122 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Help interpreting OSCAR data - any input appreciated da123Afd 4 567 12-24-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: da123Afd
  [CPAP] Input needed eugyoo2 20 1,613 09-17-2023, 05:27 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  New user looking for input on data Jmack91 8 863 01-29-2023, 04:24 AM
Last Post: Jmack91

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.