Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Anyone want to try helping with luna G3 graphs
RE: Anyone want to try helping with luna G3 graphs
Two nights ago I raised the pressure support to 3. Yesterday I was not tired until bedtime. Today it's hit me already.

Here's both nights and a two minute view from last night where my breathing goes from a weird pattern to normal(maybe).

I'm thinking I just need to go to the doctor but I hear stories about how they don't do anything or don't know what to do other than use the factory settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Chrisr, since you're still feeling fatigued and still having some issues with FLs I would move to CPAP mode (I couldn't handle APAP mode very well even when dialed in-cpap mode is much more natural feeling) so give this a shot:

Change to CPAP Mode set to:

14cm static pressure
RESlex to 3
Ramp:off
Humidity-Patient Comfort

Give this a few nights to see how you feel and try it out for 30 minutes-45 minutes during the day or a few hours before bed to see what you think. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the help. I will try those settings. 

I noticed when I turned reslex to 3 that it started feeling unnatural, at least when I'm awake.  Sometimes when I'm exhaling the machine decreases pressure like its supposed to but increases it back before I'm done with the exhale. I think it only happens when I'm exhaling slowly. That's the only unnatural thing I can think of.
Post Reply Post Reply
What the heck?  These don't even look like breaths. Most of the two graphs look like the first shot. The second one shows a transition between more normal breaths and the crazy ones.

I changed to cpap mode at 15 pressure.  I couldn't even exhale without forcing my abdomen to contract. I don't know how people sleep like that. Is there a difference between apap and cpap if the pressure doesn't change much on apap? I couldn't tell any difference.

I backed it down to 12 and these are the results from two nights ago. Same settings last night. I got to bed late both nights but felt better yesterday, today is a different story, not so good. 

Should I adjust more or let it go for a few more nights?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Chrisr, those charts are strange, I don't see much data on them, did you keep reslex on at 2 or 3 when you switched over to cpap mode? If it's not set it to 2, and lower CPAP pressure to 11cm, give that a shot right now and see if you can exhale easier please.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can exhale with the pressure at 11 and reslex at 2.

The last two nights reslex was set to 3 with the pressure at 12.

It seems like the new settings I'm trying now make it a little easier to exhale but I managed before. I'll see what these settings do for me tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, sounds good Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow graphs from the last 3 nights if anybody can do anything with them. Apap mode, pressure set to 11, reslex 2.

I noticed when my leak rate goes up the flow rate graph narrows. Maybe there's not enough pressure left while leaking? I usually don't have leaks but did on the first graph. I felt really good the next day. I'll put more detailed graphs of that night in the next post.

I think these settings are working better but to me the graphs look similar to the ones when pressures were set to 4 and 20. Should I be posting something different?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the more detailed graphs of my leak. I don't know if it means anything or not.

Thanks so much for all the help so far

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel like crap. I've had my pressure set to 4,7,8,10,11,12 and some in between. Recently its been at 11, apap mode, reslex 2. I bumped it up to 11.5 for the last two nights.

All these graphs look similar to me at all the different pressures. Here's the last 3.

I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere, even with all the great help I've gotten. I assume that's due to the limited or just poor data I have to work with. Any suggestions?  I'm hesitant to go back to the doctor because of all the stories I read about them not helping much or just not knowing much about it. What about buying a resmed machine out of my own pocket to get better data? Would that be worth it?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 17 996 Yesterday, 01:02 PM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  React Luna G3 - Error 85 SMWinnie 0 37 Yesterday, 10:50 AM
Last Post: SMWinnie
  [Diagnosis] Helping Father in Law Get Started on xPAP R and R 30 1,204 08-28-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Understanding graphs and reducing CA's SBHill 7 266 08-16-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Treatment] Higher pressure and soft cervical collar not helping FLs/AHI vHungry 5 344 08-16-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  No Graphs Showing Up Since July 21 Brennie 15 457 07-27-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: dwlewis
  Luna G3 B25A BiPAP settings help Cape67 2 273 07-14-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Cape67

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.