Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Anyone want to try helping with luna G3 graphs
RE: Anyone want to try helping with luna G3 graphs
Sorry you're struggling so much man. I certainly am newer at this than you are, but I noticed you say you're in APAP mode, but there's not a lot of variations in pressure like there was when I did APAP for a few days. What are you setting as your min pressure? What helped me was making a sizeable range of pressures (8-13) and was able to see my pressure never went above 10.5 in 3 days, which is why I'm back to cpap at 10.5.  Have your APAP experiences shown any sort of hovering over a number or does it keep hitting whatever the max is?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I am on CPAP. I guess that was the apnea talking. It didn't matter what minimum pressure I set it on in apap mode, it still went up by about 1 until I hit a minimum of 9 or so. I could set the minimum at 4 and it would maybe hit six, set it at 8 and it might hit 9. Maybe this machine is just crap, although I felt good for a few months when I first got it.
Post Reply Post Reply
My reason for asking is if it kept going up in APAP mode, perhaps you haven't hit your optimal pressure yet? Maybe set it back to APAP and do 8-15 or so for a few days and see if it hits 15, in which case you want to increase the range more, or if it hits a lower number and hovers there and you can then use that for a cpap pressure for a while. That's what I just did and I went from 8 to 10.5 for my pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
My problem is that I've tried everything up to 12. Maybe as I get used to the higher pressures I will be able to tolerate more and try even higher pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bumped my minimum pressure up to 13 last night. It adjusted to 13.5 about 5 hours later. The machine makes noise after every breath at those pressures and I have small leaks that make a lot of noise. Plus my gut felt the fullest it ever has. I couldn't handle it so I turned it down to 10 for the rest of the night. I don't know what to do to try higher pressure.

I get these spikes every fifteen minutes or so. I assume they're waking me up and keeping me from getting good sleep.

Also, why is this an osa

And this is a hypopnea?

Post Reply Post Reply
Bumped the pressure up to 13.5, reslex still at 2, apap mode.

Are these breaths while awake or can I do something about them? I should be asleep at this time but I feel like I wake up a lot at night so I never know.

This is still funky.

This is what I want right?

Post Reply Post Reply
My first suggestion is to relax and stop looking for things that are wrong. It is easy to fall down that rabbit hole. The goal is quality sleep, not a perfect AHI. The machines reporting is just one tool we use to try and get a good night's rest.

Onto your questions...

The first is normal sleep breathing. The second is heavily flow limited, hence the strange shape. The third is normal sleep breathing. All are flow limited, just not enough to trigger counters, assuming Luna reporting supports FL counters.

And some definitions from Hypopnea - Apnea Board Wiki

Apnea: 80% to 100% reduction in airflow for >= 10 seconds
Hypopnea: 50% to 80% reduction in airflow for >= 10 seconds
Flow Limitation: <50% reduction in airflow for >= 10 seconds

A hypopnea is scored as a central hypopnea only if none of the following conditions are present.
  • Snoring during the event
  • An increase in the flatting of the nasal pressure flow or PAP flow signal
  • Paradoxical breathing (The chest wall moves in during inhale and out during exhale)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the help. I wouldn't say I'm looking for things that are wrong, just curious about why the same shape on the graph is scored differently and trying to figure out if any of these settings are helping. 

Apparently they're not. These are the only kind of breaths I see.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone see a reason why I would feel better after these two nights?  I'm not sure about last night yet because there's still plenty of time in the day to get tired but yesterday I definitely felt awake all day.

Thanks for any help whatsoever.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 17 996 Yesterday, 01:02 PM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  React Luna G3 - Error 85 SMWinnie 0 36 Yesterday, 10:50 AM
Last Post: SMWinnie
  [Diagnosis] Helping Father in Law Get Started on xPAP R and R 30 1,204 08-28-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Understanding graphs and reducing CA's SBHill 7 264 08-16-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Treatment] Higher pressure and soft cervical collar not helping FLs/AHI vHungry 5 344 08-16-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  No Graphs Showing Up Since July 21 Brennie 15 457 07-27-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: dwlewis
  Luna G3 B25A BiPAP settings help Cape67 2 273 07-14-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Cape67

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.