Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Fragmented sleep on cpap do you think this is uars?
Question 
Fragmented sleep on cpap do you think this is uars?
HI everyone 
I’m 30 years old  BMI 25 with floppy soft palate ,elongated uvela 
had diagnosed with severe osa AHI/30 started cpap since December 2023 airsense 10 auto pressure range from 5/15 my physician told me it may will take up to 3 month to feel better unfortunately I being worse despite of my ahi score below 1 since I started cpap nothing change still suffer from fragmented sleep ,fatigue,daytime sleepiness when I went to follow up appointment my physician said your ahi is look good try sleep hygiene  doesn’t work  , I went to dental sleep tried oral appliances  I felt slightly better than cpap fortunately I watch cpap reviews channel, lefty lanky 27  I learned many thing try to titrat my pressure try deferent mask deferent  sleep position  I saw many flow limitation and flat breathing pattern if I raise pressure above 10 I struggle with airophagea  do you think may I need bipap ? 
I would post the link  from sleep hq but I’m not allowed cuz this is the first post 
Thanks for all
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fragmented sleep on cpap do you think this is uars?
Welcome to the forum.  You really need to download OSCAR and post some charts before anyone can be of much help to you.  It is a free download. The program is located in the top center of the screen in the black band.  
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
This photo from sleep hq

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Charts are not showing us too much, but your epap is set to 4cm, that's too low, please raise it to 7cm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response but the EPAP 4 just at ramp time.
Post Reply Post Reply
With an AHI of 1, I doubt Bipap would help. Could be a lot of reasons that have nothing to do with apnea. Google fragmented sleep….Fragmented sleep could be insomnia. Try CBT?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 28 4,406 2 hours ago
Last Post: SenatorBirch
  [CPAP] starting to use CPAP without sleep study/data help Fantasieimpromptu 2 130 09-03-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 4 185 09-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  Bilevel self-titration for UARS ChickenTenders 7 342 08-30-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 206 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  [CPAP] OSCAR Interpretation - UARS? ilikecars 12 588 08-27-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  I think I have UARS, what should I do? ManWithOranges 6 257 08-17-2024, 02:53 PM
Last Post: ManWithOranges

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.