Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] FryyourBacon - Therapy Thread
Question 
FryyourBacon - Therapy Thread
Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out what my settings should be on my ResMed AirSense 11. I have been doing therapy for about two months and haven't really found a good range that works for me yet. My machine was shipped to me with the default settings in place (4-20 for pressure). For a while I've been using a minimum of 7 and a high of 15. I've started having some moderate aerophagia and was wanting to increase my therapy's effectiveness at the same time so I tried out 8-16 since I saw that some nights I was staying at 15 for 10-20 minutes. The following day I had pretty bad aerophagia and also did not see a change in my AHI or OA, if anything it was worse. Last night I tried 10-14 and had very mild aerophagia symptoms, but still did not see a change in my AHI or OA. I only used my therapy for about 3 hours last night and am not able to pull the data from the card for last night but here is the past several days. I would be appreciative for any help or tips possible.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FryyourBacon - Therapy Thread
Hi FryyourBacon! - Welcome
Your chart for last night indicates a pressure range of 8-16. I think I would try setting the pressure range to 11-13, and leave everything else alone. This will reduce the pressure envelope in case you are being effected by its change. Also, it can take some time to adjust, so don't go dial winging.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night's sleep data. I still woke up with a lot of gas but it was not as painful as it has been.
Post Reply Post Reply
Although you responded to higher pressure, I see most of your apnea occur in clusters. The way to resolve that is to recognize that your sleep position, pillows or other factor may be influencing you ability to keep the airway open with lower pressure. Read the Positional Apnea Article in this wiki. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I typically sleep facing away from my machine on my side with the hose running up behind my pillows. I typically wake up on my back however. I do use two regular thickness pillows with one flat and the other propped up against it. I have had lower AHI nights in the past, specifically with a lower Min and higher Max setting. I have included them just in case they are relevant.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, will give that a go.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure the hose isn't getting kinked or obstructed behind your pillows. At some point, it also has to go uphill from the machine, otherwise you'll get a rain shower....
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok so last night I slept facing the machine, one level pillow, and tried to sleep on my side. I woke up with minor gas, and still feel pretty tired.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, you’re doing well with mask management. Look at that enviable vanishing leak graph! In my dreams….

Also, if you need to sleep on your back, you need to sleep on your back. You can make other adjustments to keep your airway straight, like using a loose cervical collar. I find LankyLefty’s YT videos on this kind of topic very helpful, since he demonstrates.
Post Reply Post Reply
My only concerns are, (and I am asking because I do not know), isn't an AHI > 5 still a concern, and isn't my Min of 11 kind of high and my Max of 13 kind of low? It looks like since doing the pressure changes my OA has stayed roughly the same but my CA has increased.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ZDav's Therapy Thread ZDav 7 196 8 hours ago
Last Post: donsburg
  Sorfosh - Therapy Thread Sorfosh 13 1,216 Today, 02:38 AM
Last Post: Sorfosh
Idea [Treatment] Chuu's Therapy Thread Chuuclysm 16 575 Yesterday, 04:20 AM
Last Post: Chuuclysm
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 112 3,928 07-31-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Weld3z - Therapy Thread Weld3z 24 565 07-29-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Weld3z
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 49 2,645 07-27-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Sorry to start new thread but need nap Morgannon 152 8,338 07-26-2024, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.