Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Many Undetected Apnea and Hypopnia Events
Sad 
Many Undetected Apnea and Hypopnia Events
Hello,

I (OSA diagnosed AHI 23.2) started Auto-Cpap 4 months ago with a pressure of 5-14 cmH2O. I do not have control over my machine as it is a subscription in my country (Japan) and only the monitoring doctor can change the settings. I have adapted to its use very well especially with taping my mouth, using it more than 6 hours a day with a machine-reported AHI of less than 2 all the time and little leaks.  However, I have not felt any improvements in my somnolence symptoms, the monitoring doctor has said that I am doing great, CPAP is not almighty,  and that I should seek other answers for my symptoms. My MSLT was super negative so I ended up asking for an MRI.

In my desperation, I downloaded Oscar and started going through my data. All my detected Apnea events have transformed from OSA to CA events. and there are a lot of events that go undetected for some reason (image below). I went through one of the nights (AHI=1.48) to determine my AHI through visual inspection and it turned out to be 10.1. I am meeting with the monitoring doctor to switch to ASV soon, also I will order an O2 measuring device (none of the OSCAR compatible ones are available here though, we have OMRON).  Any advice or help is appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Many Undetected Apnea and Hypopnia Events
I think that the Dr said that but does not mean that you can't make changes to this machine.  Download a manual at the top of the site and find out how to make changes IF YOU WANT TO.

I would suggest that you raise the min from 5 to 7 or 8.  The pap machine is used by children and would be for a child.  You are not getting enough air with a setting of 5 and it takes longer for the machine to react to an event.  Then use the machine for a night and post the entire night OSCAR to get some help.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Nah I literally cannot access the menus, only sleep report because they (the local supplier) changed the software. he has to make that change for me. maybe its time to ask for a titration sleep study
Post Reply Post Reply
Tabster - You mean you can not access the clinical menu by using these steps?
https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I may be mistaken, but I do not think there's any way the ResMed machine can be locked where the user cannot access the clinical menu. You need to use the correct combination of button presses to get there.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What Crimson Nape showed you works very easily.  Most of us change our settings whenever we decide we need to.  We have achieved much better therapy and comfort for ourselves by doing so than any doctor is willing to do for us.  I just did a quick search, and others from Japan on this forum have made their own changes.  You can do it too!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
its the first time i tried, they gave me the manual in japanese and it didnt show these steps,

thank you very much, i will raise the pressure to 7 and try again tonight
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 26 4,581 09-09-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  [Diagnosis] Clear Airway, CSR events frolic 12 505 09-09-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Clear Airway Events Only - New User Help pacc815 15 559 09-06-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Unflagged events, treatment ineffective slatejetpack 4 200 09-05-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Large Leak/UA Events since titration RainyDog 8 211 09-05-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Persistent CA events and fatigue with low-ish AHI ATT9791 11 662 08-28-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need help with increased Clear Airway events zood 0 188 08-26-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: zood

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.