Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New to CPAP, inconsistent results as of late
New to CPAP, inconsistent results as of late
Although first time poster I have read a lot of posts on here in the last few months there are some real experts on here.  I just figured out how to get Oscar data and have
been running it for a few weeks and would love to have someone analyze my charts.  I had to paste them as limited to 3 attachments so sorry for that. 

Brief hix:  Home sleep study early April 2024,  15.1 AHI, OSA. (36 on back, 6 on side) Spo2 low was 77 and 30 mins under 90.  Yikes ! 

5/1: Started CPAP Resmed 10 in APAP mode, almost immediately traded OSA for TECSA. Sleep Dr said those will eventually go away. 

June: In lab study as although he didn't want to do one as I had been doing well, I told him I had trouble with sleep duration.  Writeup from that is as follows: 

Since June, have been doing progressively better and got AHI down to an average of under .20 for a while there. 
Then I decided to try some back sleeping as side sleeping was bothering shoulder and hip.  They wen't up a little
but nothing drastic.  Average .5-.6.  I can live with that. They are all centrals and hypopneas/RERS, but mostly CSA.

They say CSA's are consistently inconsistent.  Yep they sure are.   Night before last 1 single CSA, nothing else.
Last night, very different story.  I will say my leak rate was not stellar last night so possibly that plays into it?
I should also add that I upped my EPR from off to 3 initially (to treat aerophagia) now I'm down to 1.  I also increased min pressure from 5 to 6.6
over time as noticed SPO2 average would dip to an average of 94 when pressure that low.  (FYY- 2 PFT tests soince 6/1, both better than normal spirometry) 

Questions: 
1- Will leak rate affect CSA ?
2- Do any of my CSA's resemble OSA ?  
3- I have ramp set at 20 mins to avoid "Sleep junk CSA's" as I definitely get those when falling or especially lying in bed too long upon waking. " 
4- I had previously set range from 6.6 to 11 but then would wake up and see it really close (10.8) so I bumped it to 13 (maybe I can go down again to 11 after seeing these?)

Meds:  Hyroxyzine 25mg before bed, Famatodine 10-20 b4 bed, sometimes 3am melatonin mid sleep, sometimes Lorezepam midsleep (rarely though)

************* Have tried to attach reports a dozen times, it never permits them to load for some reason ***********  It says allowed 3 attachments but every time I even try to add one, nothing.... waste of my lunch hour !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP, inconsistent results as of late
This post can be deleted, duplicate of another one I posted. Rookie error !
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] New to CPAP, inconsistent results as of late Vike3 1 38 9 minutes ago
Last Post: Vike3
  [CPAP] Oscar Results AlexinLA 4 111 Yesterday, 05:20 PM
Last Post: AlexinLA
  [CPAP] Brand New to all of this and not sure how to read OSCAR results Rngr503 5 114 Yesterday, 02:39 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New to CPAP - Question about results Urimare 1 90 Yesterday, 08:27 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] 3 months on CPAP, results have been mixed threeeyedsloth 19 663 10-17-2024, 06:50 AM
Last Post: AshSF
  [Symptoms] Help with OSCAR Results - headaches and fatigue SleepyinCincy 15 461 10-17-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: AshSF
  New to all of this and would like help with my overnight oxygen test results Shannon80 1 139 10-16-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.