Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please interpret my Sleep Study Results for Central/Mixed Apnea at 4% desaturated lvl
Please interpret my Sleep Study Results for Central/Mixed Apnea at 4% desaturated lvl
Hey guys, just need to know what my pAHIc 4% is on a % basis .... as y'all see its showing 3%, is there any way to derive 4% from my attached sleep study? B/c if that's like 25 or below I can get inspire but above it I can't according to INSPIRE rules.  Can someone help derive this figure?  I've asked the cpap STORE person to figure this out but haven't received a response back yet. Please help!!

Attached Files
.pdf   Rahim Lakhani- sleep-apnea-test-results_Redacted.pdf (Size: 351.28 KB / Downloads: 10)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please interpret my Sleep Study Results for Central/Mixed Apnea at 4% desaturated lvl
Under the Respiratory Indices heading, to me, it looks like the "All Night" heading may be the percentages for each specific item.  It may not be though.  Total events is exactly what it says:  total for the whole night.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please interpret my Sleep Study Results for Central/Mixed Apnea at 4% desaturated lvl
How would an Inspire device be expected to help Central Apnea? A Central Apnea, regardless of cause, is a cessation of breath, as in breathing stops. Inspire, as I recall, is a device that will shock open your airway, however it's not going to shock a breath.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2024, 04:40 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: How would an Inspire device be expected to help Central Apnea? A Central Apnea, regardless of cause, is a cessation of breath, as in breathing stops. Inspire, as I recall, is a device that will shock open your airway, however it's not going to shock a breath.

This is correct, the inspire device only attempts to open the airway, it cannot initiate a breath.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I'm reading your chart correctly I think the colorful wedge at the end of page 2 indicates you have an AHI of 74.5.  I don't know a lot about Inspire, but I think they mean you can use it if your AHI is less than 25, and yours is way too high to qualify.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the wedge states 74.5 AHI. My opinion, this will be bilevel territory. If the Central Apnea are an issue, this maybe needs ASV, except the test results don't have them at 50% of the overall, from what I saw.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I'm assuming P AHI c 4% can't be calculated? Because that's the number I'm after.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to all of this and would like help with my overnight oxygen test results Shannon80 0 41 9 hours ago
Last Post: Shannon80
  Central Apnea Help winterwaveforms 2 91 Yesterday, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] 3 months on CPAP, results have been mixed threeeyedsloth 15 434 Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Second opinion on sleep study results? Trimochio 2 122 Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Last Post: winterwaveforms
  Central Apneas? jared2000 3 110 Yesterday, 10:33 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] Help with OSCAR Results - headaches and fatigue SleepyinCincy 9 235 10-13-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Symptoms] Fatigue from sleep apnea Person 6 176 10-13-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.