Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Request for help in improving therapy
RE: Request for help in improving therapy
It's been two months since I changed my settings based on the suggestions given above (range of 7-10 cm H2O) and in discussion with my doctor the pressure was increased further to a range of 8-11. I've seen definite improvements, going from an average (one-month) AHI of 12 two months ago, to 9 now. This is also reflected in my energy, with some days now actually being good and energetic. Still, I'm not where I'd like to be as the majority of my days are not as energetic as I'd like. It also seems that the decrease in AHI is plateauing (it's hard to see, as daily variation remains high).

Below I've attached screenshots. Based on this, would you suggest further adjustments?

And two more screenshots for a different night:

Post Reply Post Reply
A few weeks ago I posted the message above but didn't get any reply. Things continue to improve slowly but I'm hoping that more might be possible. Based on the previous input, any suggestions for changes in my settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
I missed the post last time around. Your AHI is significantly improved with the use of EPR and your event rate has dropped from near 20/hour to 8.4 in this example. Your events continue to be entirely central or clear airway and we really don't see significant obstruction. For our next trick, I'd like to try fixed pressure by setting the minimum and maximum pressure at 8.0 and leaving EPR at 2. Sometimes we can stabilize the airway against CA events better with fixed pressure, so let's take a look at if it results in improvement for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2024, 09:31 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I missed the post last time around. Your AHI is significantly improved with the use of EPR and your event rate has dropped from near 20/hour to 8.4 in this example. Your events continue to be entirely central or clear airway and we really don't see significant obstruction.  For our next trick, I'd like to try fixed pressure by setting the minimum and maximum pressure at 8.0 and leaving EPR at 2.  Sometimes we can stabilize the airway against CA events better with fixed pressure, so let's take a look at if it results in improvement for you.

Hi, could it just be a pressure issue. What happens if he gradually increases the pressure, would that likely result in a decrease in AHI?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ynot, if the apnea were predominately obstructive, that would be a good strategy, but since most events are CA, it is our objective to use an effective low pressure and avoid sleep disruptions from pressure changes that might increase the CA events. The use of fixed pressure is often an effective strategy in cases like this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Analysis Request harryd91 4 389 08-09-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: harryd91
  New to CPAP, request for help with settings. Miles3zd3 0 170 08-04-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Miles3zd3
  Advice request. How do I talk to my doctor? Justlilme 1 200 07-22-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SOS Urgent : Request for Analysis of My Data Please Anewser 16 801 07-09-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Request for help making sense of my CA numbers and guiding further treatment jostlereptile 18 855 06-22-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: jostlereptile
  Improving sleep Notenoughzzs 8 438 06-21-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Notenoughzzs
  Improving CPAP effectiveness flanksinatra 2 235 06-14-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: flanksinatra

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.