Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Unflagged events, treatment ineffective
Unflagged events, treatment ineffective
New member, first post.

I recently restarted my therapy in July following a mental breakdown in December.

I have been able to find a comfortable pressure and mask fit (for the most part), but I am noticing a lot of events like the one in the screenshot from OSCAR that I have included below. I have yet to ever see a sleep doc in my ~2.5 years on treatment and I just got a referral to one this morning.

I have an AirSense 11 that hardly flags anything so I need some help understanding what may be happening. Along with the events, I'm noticing that my breathing pattern has the sharp tops pattern that is less than ideal. 

Any advice that anyone may have to share would be appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Unflagged events, treatment ineffective
events only get flagged by the machine if they last 10s, it's not classified as an apnea otherwise. the one you flagged with UF2 lasts less than 5s.

can you please post the entire night and the correct graphs following this. do you actually record movement or?
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I am not explicitly recording movement.

The data from my most recent night without a lot of leaks is below.

Post Reply Post Reply
You have a constant pressure set. No problem with that but many find it more comfortable using EPR.  EPR can be set 1, 2 or 3. 

I would set EPR to full time and try all 3 setting and see which allows better sleep.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I keep forgetting to mention I have a V-Com in my setup. It’s been a big help in helping me re-acclimate myself to treatment. I’ll see if I can find a pressure I can tolerate without it and try EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Seeking optimal treatment please help Xboxrrod 0 34 6 hours ago
Last Post: Xboxrrod
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 879 66,294 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: snorybob
  [Diagnosis] Clear Airway, CSR events frolic 12 445 09-09-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Treatment Emergent Central Apnea mikesj 13 632 09-09-2024, 07:10 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 30 4,645 09-08-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Help with treatment, questions, approach, understanding UsuallyTired 28 1,229 09-07-2024, 08:46 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Clear Airway Events Only - New User Help pacc815 15 515 09-06-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.