Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] ahmazing - Therapy Assistance
Question 
ahmazing - Therapy Assistance
Need help understanding my data. Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to OSCAR. Anyone willing to interpret?
Data set #2

Data set 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Most importantly, how do you feel in the morning? 

Your numbers are fine. We all can always use a bit of a tweak, but only if there is a good reason to do so. The only thing that stands out to me is a bit of arousals, but if it is not affecting how you feel I would leave it be for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some days I feel “normal” and others I’m clearly fatigued/low energy. I don’t really have days where I’m brimming with energy though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sudden increase in centrals over the past few days. Any help would appreciated.
As the title suggest, I’ve been experiencing an increase and central apneas, and my AHI has been significantly increased over the past couple days. No discernible change In my settings, and I have a relatively new mask and headgear.

Day 2

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sudden increase in centrals over the past few days. Any help would appreciated.
The other thread indicates you might have started therapy about a month ago. Some new CPAP users will have some Central Apnea/CA whether on CPAP or not. Most people have a bit of CA at times, you get to see the flags because you're monitoring CPAP on OSCAR, so we need to find out if they're really an issue.

To find out if they're an issue, a few questions. Did a lot of CA appear in the sleep study? How many? How frequent? How do you feel different with nights of little CA versus some CA?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ahmazing - Therapy Assistance
I’ve actually been on APAP a little under a year now. I’ve just now gotten around to using Oscar specifically because my sleep doc didn’t really give me a breakdown of my results after my sleep study. He basically just said I had sever sleep apnea and needed a cpap. Been seeking help to self titrate since my doc isn’t really any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your 2 threads are related to your therapy. For this reason, I have merged them. This provides the reader a history of your past settings and results. Having the ability to see past attempts and their results will help to form better recommendations. Please use this thread for all your therapy related posts. I have changed the thread title to, ahmazing - Therapy Assistance to be more inclusive.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, is there a frequency, or pattern to higher CA chart? What I mean is during a weeks or months time would a similar high CA chart occur?

Due to lack of data on the sleep study, some things aren't available to us. This is why there's a common suggestion here that we make certain to request the sleep study report ourselves. I realize you might not have been aware you should do so.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not sure if there is a pattern. This has been quite a sudden up spike as I don’t usually get centrals or an AHI over 2 very often so back to back days up an increase of centrals is alarming
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 177 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Franko39 - Therapy Assistance Franko39 51 2,074 08-23-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  NoCaffAfter4 - Therapy assistance NoCaffAfter4 39 965 08-14-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  ftfu - Therapy Assistance ftfu 14 855 08-10-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: ftfu
  ASV assistance Vako 13 372 07-27-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Vako
Exclaimation [Pressure] ScienceDad - Therapy Assistance ScienceDad 13 531 07-21-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  Xeros - Therapy Assistance Xeros 17 1,453 06-30-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.