Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] "successful" treatment! - but still tired, oversleeping, brain fog
RE: "successful" treatment! - but still tired, oversleeping, brain fog
Meh.  Have a headache today.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yesterday and today.  Both therapy times are time spent in bed.
I don't know what to think.  I'm still waking up with a lot of sleep inertia, like, tired and CRANKY for hours until I finally feel awake.  Might just be that it will take me longer to adjust to a regular schedule, but I'd still like to know if there's anything I can tweak about my therapy.

Post Reply Post Reply
@squeakybeans

Personally I'd start bumping up that minimum .2 at a time over a week or so and see what pressure you end up at that heads off some of those flow limits and reduces the number of pressure reductions you get per night.
Post Reply Post Reply
My hat's off to you for working on the amount of time you're spending in bed each night. It's tough, yet you're doing it! As you move ahead, also try getting the start and end times as consistent as you can.

Have you tried the regular auto-set mode (as opposed to the For Her mode)? If you haven't, you might want to see how you respond. Try that change only for at least a few days (unless you hate it, in which case go back to For Her).

After you test the regular mode, you could also try raising your minimum a little and setting your maximum to the same level. For some people, pressure changes can be a little disruptive, so you could find out whether you're one of them. So perhaps min = max = 9. If the number of OAs goes up, you might raise the pressure a little.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bumped my min pressure up to 8 over the last few nights.  Had a bit of a rough time last night with some flow limits causing hypopneas.  To me this doesn't look any different than last week.  Not sure whether to keep bumping up my min pressure or switch modes.  Probably both?

My schedule has been pushed forwards a few hours but I'm trying to pull it back...

Post Reply Post Reply
I continue to be impressed that you're limiting your time in bed. I know getting the start and stop times to be more consistent is a big challenge, but I bet you will get there.

One change at a time, I think. That way you'll have a better sense of what difference, if any, each change makes. Really your call whether to continue bumping the pressure or to give the regular mode a try. Either way you'll get some useful information about what does/doesn't help.

Just curious: do you think you spend some of the night on your back? I ask because your flow limitations tend to come in clusters.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks, it's been a challenge.  I was enjoying working in the garden in the mornings before it got too hot though.

I do sleep on my back a little.  I think my flow limits are a combo of REM and sleeping supine.  Looking closer, some of my hypopneas may have been rolling onto my back?

I already have a fairly thin pillow so what are my other options?  I'm the world's hottest sleeper so I'd probably die if I had to wear a cervical collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Just a thought... Have you tried recording your blood oxygen levels during sleep , with a pulse oximeter (Viatom Checkme O2 or sim)?
 “Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.”   - DH  Lawrence

oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
A collar would be helpful if you were tucking your chin down toward your chest, but if it'd just make you toss and turn, forget about it; it'd be counterproductive.

The same goes for methods to keep you off your back, but in case you want to experiment, you might start by just tucking a small pillow behind you to keep you from rolling onto your back.

In the mean time, I look forward to learning how things go with either the regular mode or some more pressure bumps.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Kingsway nope... I could look into it though.  What additional info could be garnered from that?

Flow limit spikes are much much lower on the regular therapy mode.  Still there, but... hills instead of mountains.  
I went to bed too late and slept too long.  Gonefrom waking up at 9AM to waking up at 1PM in a week...

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tired and yawning ZBarker01 6 63 4 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Help with treatment and upstanding data- High occurrences of Clear Airway events amunozar 6 155 Yesterday, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Tired Again Brennie 10 253 08-01-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  [CPAP] (I'm Tired) Please help interpret my Oscar data frolic 2 133 07-31-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help….starting to feel tired again Internetstranger 9 214 07-31-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Getting tired everyday at 1:00 PM even with low AHI. Zetrin 5 190 07-31-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Treatment] Help with treatment, questions, approach, understanding UsuallyTired 21 559 07-31-2024, 12:46 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.