Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two Days In
Two Days In
Hello,

I was diagnosed with severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea earlier this week.  I just started APAP therapy on Thursday night, with the first night being really rough, especially from the standpoint of my throat and mouth drying out.  I analyzed my data in Oscar yesterday morning and changed several things.

* Changed Pressure to 7-13 - I selected 13 to help me get used to the pressure
* Changed Humidity to Manual 4 with 82 degrees
* Set my EPR to 1
* I tweaked the tightness of my mask several times during the first night as it was leaking a lot at higher pressures
* Changed to side sleeping as my first night was mostly on my back

I am curious if anyone with more experience can give me additional tips based on my latest Oscar chart.  I am most curious about the CA events. It should be noted that I had Covid a little over a week ago and I am still recovering from some throat irritation and I sometimes would try to clear my throat of phlegm which I am sensitive to.

Also, should I start moving my upper pressure higher as I get used to wearing the mask?

Any additional insight would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Two Days In
You are doing okay but can improve with a minimum pressure of 9 cm and ramp-of settings.
Your CAs are not concerning and will probably diminish with time. Then, you want to increase your EPR value.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. So you are suggesting I set my minimum pressure and starting ramp to 9 cm?

I was already considering upping that slightly, so its good to hear confirmation that might improve my therapy.  I wlll go ahead and make that change for tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. Minimum 9 cm. And turning the rap off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just started 6 days ago! benjaminjaquith 10 263 1 hour ago
Last Post: benjaminjaquith
  Airtouch f20 tearing after a few days yankees123 41 10,508 5 hours ago
Last Post: frankzappa
  [Treatment] ASV AHI between 0-1 but still tired some days Melkarid 4 203 09-24-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Melkarid
  [CPAP] Got Oscar a few days ago, would love help understanding what i can fix DryWallProspector 5 179 09-22-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [CPAP] Used for 60 days, want to eliminate RERA/awake [Reposted with correct format] a29988122 7 449 09-20-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  53 days in, what does my data say? FrontRanger 3 207 09-14-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: FrontRanger
  What us going on here two days same settings? Ohiosnoring 4 262 09-09-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Ohiosnoring

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.