Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MacBook Pro Sporadic Track Pad Scrolling Issue
MacBook Pro Sporadic Track Pad Scrolling Issue
Machine: MacBook Pro, Apple M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB

macOS: Sonoma 14.6.1

OSCAR 1.5.3

While viewing data on the Daily Tab, I noticed that whenever I try to scroll through zoomed-in data using two fingers on the track pad, I get very sporadic chart movements. I move two fingers left and right to try to scroll the chart left and right and I get very odd and jittery chart movement that is inconsistent in the direction of my scrolling. My charts have a bias of scrolling towards older data no matter which way I two-finger swipe the track pad.

Generally it will start in the correct direction for a fraction of a second then mid-swipe scroll the opposite direction. And it jitters around a lot while smoothly swiping the track pad.

The vertical two-finger swiping also produces odd results. Sometimes it seems to work - just OK. And sometimes a two-finger swipe up and down produces left/right scrolling or is ignored.

All this seems to be less problematic when I lift my fingers and do a new scroll, and more problematic if I keep two fingers on the track pad and try to scroll left then right for example to try to hone-in on a specific place on the chart.

Also, sometimes the initial track pad scroll movement goes completely ignored.

I do, have turned on, the “Use scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom” turned on. Modifier key being the “Control” key. This feature does create lock-up issues with a trading application (Think Or Swim). So I turned off the feature, rebooted and tried again. And the OSCAR issue mentioned here seemed to be perhaps a little worse.

Is this just me, some sort of Preference setting that OSCAR does not like, or is this perhaps an issue with OSCAR?

Not sure how I could record this for the coders to view since video files tend to be rather large. I have the capability and skills to rescale video, change frame rate and crop, etc. with ShotCut.

I am happy to provide any additional information requested.

[Edit] This also seems to be an issue on the Overview Tab too.

Attached are my track pad preferences below, which I think are pretty standard.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=68444]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MacBook Pro Sporadic Track Pad Scrolling Issue
I have no way of checking your problem out. Based on it being the touchpad, I am guessing that there may be a communication problem between it and the Qt libraries used to compile OSCAR. We would not have any control over this.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
But isn't that a big red magic shillelagh you have there? Lolabove
I thought a quick wave of the old magic shillelagh, and you could fix anything. Oh-jeez

The track pad issue is nothing mission critical, but many thanks for all you do to keep the ship upright and steaming ahead.

Ray
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish that was true!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR 1.5.3 Import issue. kayak1 2 249 08-08-2024, 01:21 PM
Last Post: kayak1
  OSCAR with AirCurve 11 ASV, also Mac scrolling issues loglow 6 590 06-22-2024, 07:26 PM
Last Post: croc297
  OSCAR issue: Adobe not supported Vickil 2 342 05-26-2024, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Vickil
  Won't load profile - Sonoma 14.4.4 MacBook Pro breathingwell 2 476 04-22-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: kderevan
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 980 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 975 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  SD card will not eject MacBook ejbpesca 3 1,140 11-23-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: leonking

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.