Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

User for 3 Months, OSCAR Chart Analysis Request
User for 3 Months, OSCAR Chart Analysis Request
Hi everyone,

I've been using my CPAP for 3 months now and found my way here from the sleep apnea subreddit. I'm not able to adjust any of my CPAP settings but my 90 day follow-up is soon so I'm hoping to argue my case.

My sleep and wakefulness  have only mildly improved since CPAP therapy started, and I've been prescribed modafinil to help me get through the work week without daytime drowsiness or naps. The medication seems to be mostly effective but I don't see that as a viable long-term solution. I've attached my chart from last night - thanks for the help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: User for 3 Months, OSCAR Chart Analysis Request
Who says you can’t adjust your sleep settings? All most docs and DME are going to care about is your AHI number and compliance. This is considered “successful treatment”. If your Oscar charts look better at your settings than theirs, they’d hardly have anything to complain about.

Too bad the docs in your case have prescribed a medication instead of finessing the CPAP settings. Is it your impression they are skilled at sleep issues?

I’m sure someone will be along to help with settings. They don’t look on target the way they are, and may be making you uncomfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: User for 3 Months, OSCAR Chart Analysis Request
HalfAsleep's observations are quite correct. 

You cannot rely on these people, who focus simply on AHI and observance. 

Looking at the graph, you have primarily central apneas that seem to be causing your discomfort. 

I have three questions on this:-

1.  Do you have this situation of centrals every night, or is it just a one-off? 

2. Where central apneas figuring in you sleep study? 

3. Were there any relevant comments in the reviewing doctor's report relating to central apneas? 

Let us know the answers to 1 to 3 labove so we can consider further. 

As regards settings, when you are ready to start adjusting, - hopefully after you have been through the 90 day review, here are some points to consider:-

- Best if you can turn off your ramp, or at least reduce the ramp time to say 20 minutes. Currently it is not contributing to your therapy. 

- Increase your minimum pressure to 7 (just for starters ) until we can see a clearer path. For maximum pressure you don't need any more than 12 cms. 

- Switch response to "standard" instead of "soft". 

- Your current EPR at 3 is fine for the moment...

The process of improving your settings for better quality of sleep becomes a trial and error process, which can take a little time and effort. 

When you are comfortable to start setting changes, let us know. 

Usually works out fine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question JKan Therapy Analysis JKan 55 1,806 Today, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  SOS Urgent : Request for Analysis of My Data Please Anewser 16 553 Yesterday, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Question Struggling with CPAP for months. Please help! auri27 8 146 07-08-2024, 08:57 PM
Last Post: auri27
Question AT's Therapy Analysis Pawpri 79 4,245 07-07-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Is your use of a new cpap monitored during the first 3 months? Sterling147 4 234 07-03-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Sterling147
  Still sleepy after 8 months of CPAP V1nce 4 301 06-30-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  new user 2weeks in oscar data bg1987 11 359 06-29-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: bg1987

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.