Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new user 2weeks in oscar data
new user 2weeks in oscar data
hello,
I am a 37yo male, on treatment for 2 weeks. still waking up pretty tired but that appears normal from what I have read. Just hoping someone can look at my oscar data and let me know if anything jumps out, I was prescribed 4-14 range but felt suffocated so I increased to 8-14 about a week in.
thank you very much,
benjamin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new user 2weeks in oscar data
Welcome

Things look pretty good.  Most of your apneas are CAs.  Did you have a lot of them in your sleep study?  If not, they are treatment-emergent and will lessen as time passes and you adjust more to therapy.  If you're not sure, post a redacted copy of your sleep study.

You can improve your Oscar chart if you make a few changes.  Remove the calendar, as that will allow us to see more important information below.  Also, on the chart itself, you have the right things in the right order, but we don't need to see the Snore graph.  The last one we need on that page is Flow Limits.  That will allow us more room to see the things that matter.

And yes, it's normal to feel tired while you are adjusting to all the changes involved in starting pap therapy.  It will get better and become quite comfortable as time passes.  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the data from my sleep study

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum bg1987 Smile Deborah has some good suggestions about getting Oscar formatted correctly Smile I myself just hit f12 for my screenshots and post them, so most of the relevant info is shown. I can't see if you have EPR enabled or not, but at 5.28ah and the number of events and likely non-flagged events is higher than like to see, and in your sleep study you had some heavy desats.

I'd like to have you adjust pressure a little bit to see if we can get it lower please:

Raise min to 8.6cm check EPR and set it to 2 fulltime, 3 if 8cm feels too high when you're breathing. Give this a shot for a little while before bed and see what you think. Also, how are you feeling?
Post Reply Post Reply
I turned off epr last night as I read it can increase events. It's set to only be on during ramp.
I also set the response to soft and had a little rain out last night. Humidity is set to 5 and 78° down from 84°
Tonight I will go up to 8.6 and set humidity to 4.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:54 PM)bg1987 Wrote: I turned off epr last night as I read it can increase events. It's set to only be on during ramp.
I also set the response to soft and had a little rain out last night. Humidity is set to 5 and 78° down from 84°
Tonight I will go up to 8.6 and set humidity to 4.

If it's set to 3 it can cause CA events, but overall is should help with comfort so I would leave it on 1 now fulltime..  Are you having rainout issues?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your study shows that your CAs are treatment-emergent and will lessen on their own as time passes. I would set EPR to 3, as for most folks it makes breathing with the machine more comfortable and keeps flow limits low. Yes, it will cause a few more CAs, but they don't matter much in your case.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wednesday and Thursday with settings of 8.6-14 + epr

Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI looks better, but the one night your leaks were pretty high. Do you think you mouth breathe sometimes when you sleep? Also, do you feel better with the pressure changes?
Post Reply Post Reply
i did feel better until last night, 
I switched to an n30 mask I had ordered and slept terribly, the mask kept shifting and blocking my nostrils waking me up, not sure why as I measure medium and was using a medium cushion. I have had a pounding headache all day and my stats look worse, unfortunately for some reason the full data didn't get saved and I only have overview data. 
I will likely go back to the p10 tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP/APAP user looking for advice and OSCAR data interpretation sanchez 3 144 Yesterday, 10:30 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  OSCAR data interp assistance NoCaffAfter4 5 120 Yesterday, 05:20 PM
  [Pressure] Help with pressure settings please (OSCAR data included) jc12312 2 107 07-26-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jc12312
  Help analyze OSCAR data - BIPAP Kriiistine 1 78 07-26-2024, 08:07 AM
  New CPAP user first OSCAR data results Jhlopez 1 118 07-25-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 4 465 07-25-2024, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Pogo007
  My journey begins - First Oscar Data thomas berner 5 204 07-25-2024, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Narcil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.