Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is your use of a new cpap monitored during the first 3 months?
Is your use of a new cpap monitored during the first 3 months?
I spend most of my time in Mexico, and am  getting a new ASV machine. My doctor's office said that my use will be monitored for the first 2 or 3 months. If that's the case, they may not be able to monitor my machine, since I will be in Mexico. I thought that they  checked compliance after the first 60 or 90 days, which I can do by sending my data to my doctor.

Does anybody know if the g4 modem on the Resmed Aircurve 10 and 11 ASV allows for monitoring data in Mexico? I know the g3 doesn't.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is your use of a new cpap monitored during the first 3 months?
Worst case probably is you can arrange to send the doctor and/or DME a copy of your SD card captures from the ASV. They're looking for I'm thinking 21 of 30 days usage at a minimum of 4 hours per day. This would be like 5 of 7 day weeks for 4 weeks. You get 3 months to meet the compliance goal. However it does appear they give you the first 31 days as a getting used to therapy and aren't typically counted for or against.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I frequent mexico, and I have brought my machine each time. However, starting about 2 years ago I started removing the modems. I believe it still recorded, but I would have to check to be sure, which is a bit of an effort at the moment. If I remember, I'll come back with the answer. I'm like 85% sure it sent the data to them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, that is what I was thinking. My doctor's office told me that they monitor you for the first 90 days, and if they cannot monitor you they bill you for the machine.

I spoke with the doctor's office and they said that I will have to reach out to the DME to check their policies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally giving OSCAR a shot after 4 months of CPAP with no results SleeepyPuck 15 234 07-27-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Struggling with CPAP for months. Please help! auri27 8 268 07-08-2024, 08:57 PM
Last Post: auri27
  Still sleepy after 8 months of CPAP V1nce 4 355 06-30-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Help! How long (days/months) are sleep study results valid for? ApneaNewbie 7 6,827 06-21-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: JRuck504
  [Treatment] Please help, 7 months in and desperate thewoodengoat 4 247 06-17-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad Used CPAP for several months and still feel bad jarrod1893 4 270 06-14-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Trying to experiment with CPAP pressure after 6 months of APAP jake79 2 275 06-06-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: jake79

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.