Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Evora FFM Phantom Leaks
RE: Evora FFM Phantom Leaks
No, I never heard back from them after the initial conversation. I eventually had to duct tape over the rubber bands... The next time I replace my climate line hose, I will be replacing the duct tape with silicone tape I found on Amazon. I'm hoping that will be less messy... I still love my Evora mask - I just wish they'd fix the swivel issue!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2024, 10:02 AM)amfine Wrote: No, I never heard back from them after the initial conversation. I eventually had to duct tape over the rubber bands... The next time I replace my climate line hose, I will be replacing the duct tape with silicone tape I found on Amazon. I'm hoping that will be less messy... I still love my Evora mask - I just wish they'd fix the swivel issue!

Thanks, same here - love the mask, hate the little connection issue!  I’m also going to see if I can measure the tube and get a proper soft silicone washer/ o ring, maybe even heat shrink tubing might work. 

I’m a little worried about using glue to seal it since I’ll be breathing it in, maybe food safe silicone stuff.

I’ll also try to give them a call next week. Maybe if enough do, they’ll fix it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Trying heat shrink tubing first.  The 1 inch tubing we had in the garage fits, took care not to overheat in any one area to make the cpap tube too hot. 

The little black sharpie mark I made to note how far up the resmed climateline connector came up the tube so the shrink tubing didn’t interfere with that connection. 

Post Reply Post Reply
I called and spoke to a US rep, plus submitted a product design defect resolution request on their website

I would encourage others who use and like this mask but also encounter the leak issue at the swivel to do the same. Squeaky wheel works sometimes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll come back and post the links later after my 4th post is registered (apparently no links allowed until then)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all of you for this. I just picked up one of these from my DME. The ResMed F40 didn't work for me. I think we got a good fit with the Evora. I hope it can handle pressures up to 18, though mine rarely go that high. The F40 didn't do well with 15+.

Any tips you have would be appreciated.

Happy Sleeping!
Post Reply Post Reply
The Evora FFM is my favorite. F&P masks use the air pressure to form the seal, and don't require the tension of other brands.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am glad to hear this! That's one of my two big problems solved. Now I need to see about all these new onset CA's - seemingly treatment emergent. Maybe appearing due to the leaks with the previous mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the links which I couldn’t include until I had 4 posts and out of ‘new member’ status.

If you have the Evora mask with a swivel connector and experience the same leak from the connector tube, please contact them and ask for the design flaw to be fixed. Love the mask other than this!

https://www.fphcare.com/us/corporate/con...enquiries/

Contact numbers https://www.fphcare.com/us/corporate/contact-us/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Evora Nose Mask - Help Agostino 1 59 Yesterday, 03:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross Huge leaks after hours of low leaks JoeSierpinski 8 165 09-06-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Struggling with leaks Resmed F40 Karatechop 12 1,903 09-04-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: JPB430
  Increasing AHI despite fewer leaks Aife 22 787 09-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [CPAP] Are these leaks expected? caquino 9 482 08-31-2024, 07:50 AM
Last Post: caquino
  Relation Spo2, apneas, and Leaks don't make sense insomeapnea 6 191 08-26-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Full Face Mask Leaks berkshire17 15 2,721 08-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: gymrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.