Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VCOM & Bi-Level
RE: VCOM & Bi-Level
(Yesterday, 08:32 AM)WallyPepper Wrote: With respect to the settings I mentioned before. Full Face and no EPR, and ideally CPAP mode. That is what Dr Noah recommends, but if you do a search on this board for VCOM, you will see that most of the 'testers' have ignored that advice. They didn't want to change they way their machines are set up so the 'test' was destined to fail. Honestly even I don't follow all that advice, because I also have some positional apnea and do not need 15 cm all the time, if I sleep on my side I get through the entire night never exceeding 13 cm. So my setup is Full Face Mask and EPR off but Auto set from 12.6 to 15.6 cm.

Wally,

it's nice to see you were willing to at least give the v-com a try. and your results pretty much mirror mine. 

if i added up all the money i've lost trying different masks/collars/tapes/pillows/mouthguards, etc, i could have bought dozens of v-coms. lol

i believe the v-com folks have stated that their algorithm could be written into current resmed machines, but that rm has no interest. i think that's why they are developing their own hardware. i'm curious to see how that goes. i might be interested when it becomes available.

and they repeatedly state to run in CPAP mode, with no EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: VCOM & Bi-Level
I have it again, lost the first one, I will try it tonight-turning off FLEX and setting mask type to FFM which is what I use anyway Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night using VCOM VegasGMC 34 6,042 08-30-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  carnuntum - Switching from Prisma APAP to Aircurve bi-level therapy carnuntum 8 1,506 08-16-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: carnuntum
  Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR? theredheadsaid 70 11,133 08-14-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: NoCaffAfter4
  Sea level vs 6200 feet pkalsleep 10 495 07-11-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: pkalsleep
  Bi-Level Inducing Clear Airway Events, time for ASV? Norman2195 5 332 06-18-2024, 04:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Burd - Bi-Level Therapy Thread Burd 13 721 06-05-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Diagnosis] Oxygen level chart Rodgui 3 335 05-31-2024, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Rodgui

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.