Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bi-Level Inducing Clear Airway Events, time for ASV?
Bi-Level Inducing Clear Airway Events, time for ASV?
Hi All,

Recently switched to Bi-Level machine and after mucking around with settings im in a situation where I have adequate pressure support in one instances, but to much in another which throughs me into hyperventilation(sometimes) and induced centrals.

I've heard that Bi-Level can auto-titrate the pressure support in order to prevent hyperventilation and ensure that my pressure support is at the right amount per my needs. I'm wondering whether its worth a try to see if i get better sleep (extra cost is not a problem). 

My only concern is that if i get treatment induced central (which means my blood CO2 is flat), im worried that the machine might supply be a breathe that will continue to blow out my CO2 further. Is this how the machine actually works? or does it prevent this from happening somehow. 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. 

Kind regards,
N.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bi-Level Inducing Clear Airway Events, time for ASV?
Norman2195;
I can't answer Your question ..
But You know the drill around here ..
Post the OSCAR charts someone who knows
will be along shortly !!
Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Please download and install OSCAR, put an SD card in your CPAP machine, and post some charts. The instructions for doing so are in my signature and our wiki. If you need help, let us know.
Post Reply Post Reply
A bi-level is a wonderful machine and it will not hurt you.  Don't worry about that.  Do what PLP told you to do, and he will help you get your machine dialed in to give you great therapy and comfort.  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Agents are standing by to assist.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2024, 02:56 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Agents are standing by to assist.

Call now and you get two for the price of one! Free shipping! 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 17 446 8 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 2 438 10-03-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: iknownothing
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 154 7,773 10-01-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help with increased Clear Airway events zood 7 401 09-30-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: zood
  CA events - Advice lukewpc 5 214 09-30-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lukewpc
  24 CA events, I am practically worried. Ddobson85 4 181 09-30-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  VCOM & Bi-Level MrIvanDrago 22 913 09-27-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.