Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

24 CA events, I am practically worried.
24 CA events, I am practically worried.
I stopped my Cpap because it was costing me so much money every month since I have horrid insurance but decided to give it a go again and my CA events read high but I can't tell from looking at Oscar if this is something I should be worried about? Are there any experts who would be willing to help me out by looking at this and letting me know? My RERA events are also high.

Thank you to anyone who can help me!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 24 CA events, I am practically worried.
Sorry, not got any answers for you. But it might help others if you post a chart 'un-zoomed' and with the calendar turned off. That would then let us see your machine settings in more detail.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have attached the unzoomed in ones but now I have 30 CA events. I think I will schedule something with my dr.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What did your detailed sleep study report tell you? If you don't have this detailed report, get it ASAP. You need to know what you're treating, you need this report in your personal health file. And you can post the redacted of your personal info report here too.

Also it looks like your OSCAR chart shows the Positional Apnea pattern that comes from tucking your chin and kinking off the airway. Take a look at this wiki on the subject HERE.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with the above sugesstion.

In the meantime, I suggest increasing your maximum pressure to 12 cm because you are hitting your current pressure ceiling.  Also, increase your minimum to 9 cm.
It would also be better to turn your ramp off and set your EPR to 1.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with increased Clear Airway events zood 7 343 Yesterday, 09:08 PM
Last Post: zood
  CA events - Advice lukewpc 5 164 Yesterday, 04:27 PM
Last Post: lukewpc
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 4 195 09-27-2024, 07:13 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Health] Worried about spO2 drops during the day and night... ZeroShun 2 134 09-26-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: ZeroShun
  Newbie: CA events alangrima 3 169 09-25-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: alangrima
Sad [Treatment] Many Undetected Apnea and Hypopnia Events Tabster 7 329 09-19-2024, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Tabster
  [Diagnosis] Clear Airway, CSR events frolic 12 653 09-09-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.