Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking early hours v breathless and weak pulse
Waking early hours v breathless and weak pulse
I woke at around 1.30 am today and felt I was going through some kind of physical crisis: weak pulse, sheer of breath and extremely fatigued. I had a similar event last week (except worse, with cold sweat) and that time I sought urgent medical advice. 

This is concerning me. It reminds me of pre-PAP nights when I sometimes had similar episodes but I was using my CPAP last night. 

I know the graph would be useful and I will attempt to upload it when I am back at my computer. Right now I'm posting from my mobile. 

I did however check OSCAR and the AHI did not spike at around 1.30, nor was there any obvious explanation from the other data. In fact mean AHI was <5 and at no time over 10. 

I don't have any pain which Is somewhat reassuring. 

Any thoughts?
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Waking early hours v breathless and weak pulse
Sounds like a pretty scary episode - without data to review it would only be a guess at this point.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would have been good to see an assessment of your stage of sleep, say by a wearable device.  My Galaxy watch records my sleep progression and gives me a rough description of the various stages, their duration, and an overall quality-of-sleep rating.  The periods of REM are clearly depicted in graphic form.  

My guess would be that you had been dreaming, and then commenced to be aroused, which happens quite often with a lot of us.  I'm often awake about an hour or two earlier than I should be when just having had a dream.  I don't experience the distressing events you describe, but often we enter into hypopnea/central apnea in the seconds before and after arousal and turning over.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies.

Please see below a graph of the night in question... 

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
You are showing some pretty strong indicators of positional obstructive apnea and hypopnea with clust06:40ers of events at 23:15, 02:45 and 06:40. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Aah, the 02.45 event cuoold be the culprit. Better get nack to using my SCC. Thankyou.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Waking Up - Newbie Help lowlyradar 5 328 4 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 103 48,595 Today, 10:21 AM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  [Diagnosis] Breathless bernardc 6 167 Yesterday, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 4 1,701 10-24-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: twomashi
  [CPAP] Waking up after 2 hours of CPAP radioboy104 7 6,613 10-16-2024, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Texans2024
  Are pulse rate changes significant during sleep? UsuallyTired 6 309 10-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Keep waking up spicerack 3 271 10-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.