Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What is happening in the apneas below? (Note: undiagnosed)
What is happening in the apneas below? (Note: undiagnosed)
Hey all, hope you are doing well. I've been having unrefreshing sleep alongside other classic sleep apnea symptoms(brain fog, waking up with a dry mouth and headache, occasional low O2 sat at nights 80-85% according to wearables) for years. I've looked into a sleep study but the closest one I can get without paying out of pocket is easily months or a year away where I live+at home studies have horrible availability. So I resorted to sketchy DIY studies to evaluate if I have any obvious apnea or not.

I slept with a microphone taped in my nostrils for a rough recording of airflow for a few days and it seems I have around 60-80 apneas a night, with my worst hour having around 20. Some hours I don't have them at all. The pattern is the same: I deeply inhale, exhale, then stop breathing(or breathe really shallow) for anywhere between 15-40 seconds. I assume none obstructive because I don't struggle to breathe, don't wake up gasping for air and don't snore.

Since all I have is an audio recording I don't have a reliable flow rate graph, but I'll post the waveforms in Audacity from the recording if any of you have ideas(each spike in the waveform indicates exhalation since the mic picks that up best).

Note: I'm not asking for a diagnosis, just wondering if any of you have this many of this type of apnea and if I should be particularly concerned about them. I'm aware only a sleep study can tell for certain what is going on. Also keep in mind I'm not on any sort of PAP or ventilation device

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  transitional/sleep onset apneas after years of PAP gaspsalot 14 711 3 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 19 4,115 10-24-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Belvawain
  [split] Central Apneas? Flow Rate /Respitory Rate Mismatches! edenmaker 3 170 10-21-2024, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Central apneas on trt supercbr 0 124 10-18-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: supercbr
  Central Apneas? jared2000 3 228 10-15-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Increase in Central Apneas Luna G3 PAP Link Data thowle 8 474 10-01-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. Preparedinho 39 2,405 09-10-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.