Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ZDav's Therapy Thread
ZDav's Therapy Thread
Hello All!

I'm in my early 30's and was diagnosed about two months ago with severe sleep apnea (61 AHI).  I've been using a ResMed AirSense 11 for about a month and a half now and am struggling with getting my nightly events down.  OSCAR indicates that these are clear airway events but no central apnea events were found during my sleep study.  I'm not sure what is going on with treatment.  Could this be an issue with my settings?  I've attached my OSCAR results from last night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ZDav's Therapy Thread
Hi ZDav!  -  Welcome
Seeing how you're between a rock and a hard spot, try setting your pressure to a constant 12 cm and set your EPR to 3-Full Time.  You can set the pressure by setting the Minimum and Maximum to the same pressure in the APAP mode.  Try this for a night and then we'll review your numbers.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2024, 12:47 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi ZDav!  -  Welcome
Seeing how you're between a rock and a hard spot, try setting your pressure to a constant 12 cm and set your EPR to 3-Full Time.  You can set the pressure by setting the Minimum and Maximum to the same pressure in the APAP mode.  Try this for a night and then we'll review your numbers.
- Red

Hello Crimson Nape!

I appreciate the recommendations.  I'll give that a try tonight and report back tomorrow with the results.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello All, 

I wanted to provide an update with the settings that were recommended.  It was a rough night of sleep with a lot of tossing and turning.  Is constant pressure something that you need to get used to?

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, toot! I was expecting that some of your events were related to pressure changes. Your Flow Limits are low enough that reducing the EPR may reduce the CAs without adding to the flow limit. Remember, as you reduce the EPR, reduce your max pressure the same amount
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I wanted to come and make an update today.  Unfortunately, something went wrong with my SD card so I do not have a graph for today  Unsure .  I did set my EPR to 1 and pressure to 10.  This did lead to a decrease in events from the night prior but I'm still showing 17.5 AHI with 14.8 being CA events and 2.5 being Hypopnea.  It does not appear that there were any OA events.  Does this mean I can still decrease the pressure or should I wait until I can get a new graph from tonight's sleep?

One other thing that I wanted to mention is that my numbers aren't always this bad.  I've have random nights where my AHI is below 5.  Unfortunately, I don't have graphs for those, just a summary as I just now started to use an SD card.

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, 

I wanted to see if the pressure was causing the CA events, so I adjusted it.  Issues are still present, unfortunately, and it appears to be too low as OA events are coming back.. Any ideas? The updated chart is below.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm relatively new so hopefully someone can confirm, but I think when you see clusters of events like this it could be that certain sleeping positions make you more prone to events. So you could try an app that records position, or items that manage your position such as soft cervical collar, shirts that keep you off your back etc.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 46 2,656 11 hours ago
Last Post: srwilsn3
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 98 5,808 09-07-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: eok361
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 25 521 09-06-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 124 4,910 09-06-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
Brick Cape67's Therapy Thread Cape67 6 279 09-06-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 76 1,444 09-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 118 4,290 09-05-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Abdulfakih

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.