Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cervical collar
cervical collar
Hi all 
Just would like to know if there is a special kind of collar or will just any run of the mill do 
Thanks
Pete
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: cervical collar
There is no special type.  The main measurement is the distance between the sternum and your chin.  That will tell you the height of the collar you need.  The other is of course the size that will fit around your neck.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks much .
Pete
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure to check out the collar reviews in the review forum https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-...ct-Reviews
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This may help.

[attachment=58185]
Post Reply Post Reply
The cheap ($14) one from Walgreens works fine for me. You might give that one a try just to see what result you get and then go from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't need one anymore but I used at least four different collars. The Caldera Releaf Neck Rest was by far the most comfortable and it worked as well as any of the others.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I order a cheap one on amazon .I just wanted to try when I sleep on my right side my o2 ring  vibrates because of low oxygen and it happens only  on my right.I had a hip replacement on my right and my left may need one so I move back and forth so I am thinking that my chin is on my chest blocking my air when on my right . If it helps great if not I am out  8 bucks not a biggie 
thanks all for the info and help
Pete
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 12 2,308 09-13-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Cervical Surgery needs new mask DEJONES1954 4 161 09-07-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: DEJONES1954
Sad [Treatment] Higher pressure and soft cervical collar not helping FLs/AHI vHungry 5 355 08-16-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  UARS-Cervical mis-alignment etc !! must see! Dr. Hauser SeePak 0 162 08-05-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  What To Do When Soft Cervical Collars Fail mawaw1992 25 2,895 08-03-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  Soft Cervical Collar Might Be Causing Jaw Pain gamestar32 1 175 07-25-2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Best pillow to use with a soft cervical collar? ttrani01 12 714 06-13-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.