Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth taping question
Mouth taping question
Hi All,

After trying everything else suggested on this forum to stop my mouth dropping open with a full face mask only mouth taping works. 

A lot of doctors say not to do this due to the risk of aspirating vomit. However, with a full face mask, wouldn't I aspirate vomit anyway? The machine won't shut off and would force vomit down my throat due to the air pressure so far as I can tell. As such I don't see any real difference in risk between wearing a full face mask and mouth taping with a full face mask. 

What are your thoughts? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mouth taping question
I, and many others here have been using mouth tape for years, with no problem whatsoever.  The key is to get good mouth tape in the right size.  Lots here like Cover Roll Stretch tape, and Hypafix tape, both of which work very well.  I prefer Theraband Kinesiology tape because it's more comfortable for me and conforms better to my face, but it is more expensive.

I found that I need 2-inch wide tape cut to about 5-1/2 inches long.  If it's shorter or more narrow, I still leak!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Pillows - Momentary Mouth Leakage Strategies? mark.apnea 2 264 10-11-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Mouth Taping Dave77 4 260 10-06-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Dave77
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 32 1,619 10-05-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth yngwiej 21 1,374 10-05-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  is the answer to this data mouth tape? p4ncaketim 3 281 10-03-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Mouth Tape Trick for Wimps (like me) Deborah K. 36 4,866 10-03-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 14 1,734 09-30-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.