Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

hwnboy therapy thread
RE: Tonight is the Night!
hwnboy;
I have used the Resmed F 20 since day 1 on APAP .. It has the connecter on the front
of the mask .. I also sleep on My side .. When sleeping with the machine at My back 
I drape the hose over My ribs .. Some people use a hose hanger support pole ..
If You try the F 40 You may want to try these two ways to route Your hose ..
Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey sauerkraut, thank you for the advice. I will try that when I get a front connected mask soon.  Much appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
I started out with the same mask you use, as I liked the hose at the top of my head.  Then I got a pillows mask where the hose came out in front of me and bought a hose holder from Amazon.  I love it as the hose is not in my way at all.  There are loads of them to choose from.  I bought this one, and have been happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/North-American-He...136&sr=8-2

Good luck with finding a mask that works great for you!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried to like the P-30i which is similar to your F-30i, and it just made the septum of my nose painful. I binned it and went back to my P10 which I have used since 2015. Lots of very positive feedback on the forum with the F40 which is a new design. The tube in front is not a problem, but covering it with a fleece cover like the Snuggle Hose on Amazon makes it like part of the bedding. The hose is soft and almost unnoticeable. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BUOINM
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Everyone!
@ Deborah K. Thank you for sharing your experience! I am happy to read that you started with the same mask that I did for the same reasons. I will look into that hose holder to help me manage the hose. Thanks for the advice and the link!

@ Sleeprider It is good to know that I am not the only one with a painful septum. Thanks for the link on the hose cover. I am glad to know of a few tweaks to make things more bearable. First thing tomorrow morning, I will contact the DME in hopes of getting either the F40 or P10 next.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hwnboy therapy thread
Sunday and Monday Oscar reports

When I woke up Monday morning, I felt like I wasn't getting as much air as the night before.  I raised my minimum from 7 to 8.  I dropped the max from 20 to 18, not sure why. Please let me know if that was a mistake.  I did feel the change last night from bumping up that one-digit minimum.

I'm curious about the break on my flow rate and pressure charts last night. Notice at around 22:45 on the Monday, May 13th chart.  Any thoughts on what happened there?

So far, I'm in 5 nights, and I feel pretty much the same as before the CPAP started last Thursday. I am super optimistic about this journey, so I'm trying to keep things in check.  I don't feel worse—maybe a tad better. I think as I try to find the right mask, things will improve.

I got a hold of my DME yesterday and was able to schedule a mask fitting this afternoon.  I am going to ask for the F40 and P10; hopefully I will walk out of there with one of those.

I really appreciate everyone's help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hwnboy therapy thread
I just returned from the DME. I got the F40, kind of digging it from the fit she did. She put it under pressure, and it felt pretty good. As much as I liked the connection on top of the head (F30i), from the short time I was testing it, this might work out better for me.

She asked me a question; I forget what it was (brain fog), but my reply proved to her that I had been in the clinician's menu.  Oops, she warned me not to do that, blah blah. She was looking at my account on her laptop.  I figured she had access to my numbers. I stopped talking about it and let her finish, as she advised me to stay on prescription. Hopefully, I didn't jeopardize something.

I tried to get the P10 as well; no luck, but she did let me try it on. Since it was on my face, I would have thought they couldn't give it to someone else. Their policy is that you can only take one mask at a time. I did like it's minimalist approach. I hope this F40 works out well.  Before my 30 days are up, I would like to try the P10 to see if I can get into the habit of keeping my mouth closed.

Looking forward to tonight with the F40!
Post Reply Post Reply
First night with F40
First night with the Resmed F40

At first, I thought it was more comfortable than the F30i. I fell asleep around 9:20 pm and was up around 11:30, typical for me.  I rarely sleep more than 2 hours at a time. I hope that changes in the near future. I stopped the machine around 12:45 am and went to the bathroom. My nose was bugging me in a similar way that the F30i mask bothered me. I got back in bed and slept for a few more hours. I woke up around 3:30 am (Oscar time is 2 hours in the future) and my nose was sore enough, I had to get the mask off.

Upon looking at Oscar, my AHI went up a bit.  In the first 5 days of therapy, I had very few leaks. Last night, at 1:30 am Oscar time, something occurred.  It must have been when I woke up at 11:30.  I noticed a cluster of OA's at that time.  Is that positional apnea or me waking up? It happened again just before I got out of bed at 3:20 am (Oscar time 5:20)

Thank you for any advice you can provide!

Post Reply Post Reply
Ouch, Nose pain is brutal!
Rough night; I am so exhausted. I had the mask on for 4+ hours for compliance, but it wasn't easy. My eyes are burning right now. I thought the nose pain from the F30i was bad; I think this F40 might be worse. It feels like the mask is pushing my nose into my skull. I don't even put it on that tight; surprisingly, I don't have a bunch of leaks. Soon as this pain subsides, I will slap this mask back on and try to get some more sleep.

My numbers were better than yesterday; I just need to get more hours in now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Updated Oscar for May 15, 2024
I was so tired that once the pain subsided, I tried to go back to sleep. I felt like I just laid there for two and a half hours. When I updated Oscar I saw this CSR for the first time and two additional OSA's before I disengaged. So maybe I did fall asleep for a bit?

Here's the updated Oscar

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 32 1,194 10 hours ago
Last Post: HenryECole81
  HarleyGirl63 - Therapy Thread HarleyGirl63 13 867 11 hours ago
Last Post: HarleyGirl63
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 134 5,842 Yesterday, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 32 3,068 10-16-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  LuminousOne Therapy Thread LuminousOne 31 1,670 10-14-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 127 5,729 10-13-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  [Treatment] NightmaresOfTheBottom - Therapy Help Thread NightmaresOfTheBottom 3 245 10-12-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.