Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

hwnboy therapy thread
RE: hwnboy therapy thread
If you had a large number of CA's on your sleep study (or you can prove to your Dr. that you are still having a lot - by increasing EPR to the maximum to combat the flow limitations), then my might get a sleep study with the ASV to confirm this.  

ASV was designed to stop CA's with its dynamic back up rate, but it can very effectively treat OSA also.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I decided to experiment with the effects of EPR on my therapy. For the past several weeks, I’ve been using CPAP mode with a pressure of 8 cmH2O and EPR set to 3. Curious about the impact of turning EPR off, I noticed a significant drop in central apnea events, but an increase in flow limitations, RERAs, and hypopneas. After collecting a week’s worth of data, I’m now planning to use EPR at 1 for the upcoming week to see if I can reduce the flow limitations, RERAs, and hypopneas without causing a substantial rise in central apneas.

Attached are the last 7 days of Oscar data with EPR off.

Post Reply Post Reply
October 17, 2024               October 18, 2024             October 19, 2024

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night, October 20, 2024 - the flow limitations bothered me over the week, although I had a significant decrease in Centrals.

Post Reply Post Reply
It can be a balancing act like you are seeing.  I hope your experiment works.  If it doesn't, you have some good charts that you have already posted to go back to.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tobiathan therapy thread tobiathan 36 1,610 2 hours ago
Last Post: tobiathan
  [Treatment] NightmaresOfTheBottom - Therapy Help Thread NightmaresOfTheBottom 12 434 10-20-2024, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 138 6,094 10-19-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Abdulfakih
  GarlicMassage's Therapy Thread GarlicMassage 18 1,962 10-18-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: GarlicMassage
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 32 1,249 10-17-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: HenryECole81
  HarleyGirl63 - Therapy Thread HarleyGirl63 13 931 10-17-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: HarleyGirl63
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 32 3,131 10-16-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: THEVGE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.