Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

initial aircurve pacewave setup
RE: initial aircurve pacewave setup
there was again an hypopnea catapulting me out of sleep just after falling asleep
and afterwards i couldn't sleep again. not flagged, but enough to wake me up.

[Image: bejpyz]

this time i was tweaking psmin, so i can breath in without to much effort
and not being rushed.. ..for this there was just one value really,its 3,6,
but my position is on the side looking on the screen of the asv
and maybe its different, when i'm lying on my back.

when i have my hypopneas, i would need psmin higher, i guess,
but the asvauto is not auto there. i could cope with a little rushing and put it to the test.

ps max is tweaked so there is lo leak (plus i don't get an headache from the pulsing)
under 29 i had condensation again with humidity 6 i could try 5 or 4 again and then go colder.
outside its cold AND humid in the night which seems t make my nose open up,
but this seems not to be achievable.. ..4 was a little dry.
i could try 5 and see how far down i could go with the temperature.

i decreased epap min and max by one.
i could have a better idea, here.

is the leak-rate ok now ?
Post Reply Post Reply
The leak rate is very good, shows improvement. Congratulations.

You recorded zero events last use, so that's hopefully going to benefit.

This early not flagged Hypopnea you refer to I think isn't a Hypopnea at all but a changing breath pattern, which the ASV interpreted as needing to blow hard, disrupting. Try this next time instead of quitting therapy, when it blows while you're in sleep transition, literally blow back through the mask to signify to the ASV to back off.

The PS range has 2 values where it automatically roams. It won't Auto adjust PS min specifically. Same can be said of EPAP. These Min and Max values are bookend values, both EPAP and PS move between to address events. And since IPAP is tied to EPAP and PS, all 3 are ranges.

You'll have to try humidity values as you see fit. It's all personal preference for this. It shouldn't affect therapy other than overall comfort.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
last time i haven't slept much,
but one benefit is not having the retainer eating up my teeth (acid buildup underneath)
and ruining my jaw. yesterday i felt the dislocation very much,
and it was . it still was dislocated yesterday
and i had the tendons cracking when i chew something.

another beefit is the centrals being gone,
but the hypopneas may be worse,
at least i'm waking up from them now.

what does exactly qualify as an hypopnea and what doesn't,
lets say in a sleep study ?

to me its shallow breathing over a prolonged period of time,
which makes me dizzy. the machine doesn't support me
with much pressure, here. almost as if it were off.
i also sense my shallow breathing after waking up.
the hard blowing is on other occasions (where i will try your suggestion).

[Image: 075qyz]

sidenote: oscar is again dropping old sessions on the same day while importing.

this time i had 3 hypopneas (flagged or not).
the one in the middle at 22:24 the last one rather mild.
this time, one can see something on my oximetry, too.

to make them milder,
i have been setting psmin to 6 (max) instead of 3.6 at the cost of comfort.
if it were possible with asv, i would like to have this elevated
only when i'm going through an hypopnea.
i've tweeked epapmin to not feeling claustrophobic/freshness to 6.4 .
after getting used to pressure and cause of the mask being the limiter,
i've maxed out the other values so the algos are spinning freely, there,
don't try at home.

why does especially epap vary at all ?
when would the device for instance increase epap ?
related to what would one tweek epapmax ?

in the first line of post 27 i confused psmax and psmin,
but it's right in the oscar chart, there.
Post Reply Post Reply
now it flags something and look at the ox.

[Image: h41ryz]

which limits would you suggest,
for not getting air into the stomach ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your OSCAR charts have been added in a method that I cannot zoom in well, it makes it blurry rendering it hard to help. Are you taking screenshots via F12 on the computer? They need added to the post via new attachment.

Hypopnea are 10 second or longer typically Obstructive based events like full Apnea, but with a somewhat lower restriction to the airway. I'm pretty sure there's no direct way to affect your shallow breathing with what you have.

ASV may be called ventilator, but it's not a breathing support machine like true ventilators. It can add some pressure, but it'll be based on Apnea events not breath deficient issues.

You cannot set the ASV to respond only to what's on your wish list. It's main purpose is treating Central Apnea, however it treats all other Apnea as a result of the therapy it does provide. CA treatment being a necessity was why we recommended it.

EPAP is the portion of ASV therapy that acts much like CPAP, to treat Obstructive Apnea, keeping the airway open. It may assist in Hypopnea treatment. PS being the other half, may also help Hypopnea and definitely CA. Due to the pressure differential, it makes exhale easier when PS drops momentarily much like any AutoSet with EPR or BPAP with PS.

PS Min 6 is too high for most, 3-4 being more likely a better range. Also PS Max 18.x being probably too high.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Mod Note] Are There Any Aircurve 11 ST ot ST-A Users? Crimson Nape 0 66 Yesterday, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed Aircurve 10 VAUTO turning itself off and on throughout the night?? 17WRX 4 133 09-29-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 17WRX
  acquired an aircurve vauto 10/self titrating eok361 9 391 09-26-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: eok361
  How should I set up my AirCurve 10 Vauto Josephkpc 14 536 09-25-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AHI very high after switching from Dreamstation to Aircurve 10 mu50256 16 794 09-23-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: mu50256
  [Treatment] somniosus - Therapy Thread [new user looking for initial settings advice] somniosus 1 143 09-22-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Aircurve 10 ASV kbjames 5 262 09-21-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: kbjames

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.