Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

jr991 - CPAP Therapy Help
jr991 - CPAP Therapy Help
I'm not sure if this is Sleep Apnea related, possible UARS or just normal sleep. I sleep with a fitbit and an O2 ring and my fitbit records 20-30 awake periods each night that I don't actually remember waking up. I know its normal for everyone to have awakenings they don't recall but these awake periods correspond with heart rate spikes captured on my O2 ring (highlighted with thin red bar). I would have thought if Apnea related my O2 would also drop during these times but it doesn't appear to. Does anyone have any insight? Thank you.

Attached is my O2 ring summary.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Many Awakenings with Heart Rate Spikes
Is this data recorded while you're using CPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
It is normal for heart rate and O2 sags/spikes during sleep state changes. If you would post OSCAR charts from the same nights you will likely see a correlation between awakenings (aroousals) and heart rate/O2.

My opinion on wearables is that the accuracy varies quite dramatically when compared to other smart devices and medical equipment. It is like having a drunken know-it-all on your wrist/finger. They are right on occasion, wrong on occasion, and always convinced they are accurate. It is a good general indicator, but don’t go balmy when you see something strange without other supporting evidence.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2023, 02:27 PM)gainerfull Wrote: Is this data recorded while you're using CPAP?

Great question… I should have included those details. This is from a night where I was not using CPAP. I have monitored on nights where I was using my CPAP and it did not reduce the number of micro awakenings. Some of the awakenings correlated with clear airway and hypopnea events but my overall AHI for the nights I used my CPAP was less than 3.
Post Reply Post Reply
HR Spikes Prior to Apnea Event
I use the Wellue O2 ring in addition to my CPAP and inport the data into OSCAR. In reviewing the last couple of night's data I noticed my heart rate spikes just prior to an event. I would think the HR would spike just after or during the event. Wondering if this is strange, normal or perhaps something with the timing being not in sync between the devices. Any thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HR Spikes Prior to Apnea Event
First, how well synced do you have the two devices?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2024, 01:34 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: First, how well synced do you have the two devices?
- Red

Thank you for your response. I feel the times are in sync... my Resmed Airsense 11 only allows me to change the Time Zone and it's currently on the correct time zone. My O2 ring when I put it on displays the correct current time. Also, the O2 ring HR spikes correlate to my Fitbit that shows a micro awakening at that exact time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect it is simply, as you say, that the devices are not in sync. I sync mine every morning using my "sniff-clapperboard", and I find that the 2 devices can be up to a minute out.
Post Reply Post Reply
i think the o2 ring picks up the time from your phone, which is going to be very well synchronized. it sounds like the airsense11 also does the same thing, but likely from the cellular network.

on the airsense10 you can see the time and note when the minutes increments. but the o2 ring doesn't have a display, right?

anyway it seems likely to me that both are synchronized at least to the second.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2024, 03:08 PM)joeblough Wrote: anyway it seems likely to me that both are synchronized at least to the second.

I must admit that my device is not the Wellue O2 Ring but its sister, the Wellue SleepU. That being said, they are definitely nowhere near in sync until I tweak the Oscar settings every day (currently set at 45s).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 32 3,065 10-16-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  Recently started CPAP therapy (AHI 56.9) naani 11 457 10-12-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 193 1,862 10-12-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] new to cpap therapy,. not having any success yet. sjlulz 3 193 09-15-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 240 09-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 12 1,165 08-28-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  After 1 year break trying to get CPAP therapy to work again nandrew 3 267 08-02-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.