Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

matsodav - Therapy Thread
RE: matsodav - Therapy Thread
Here are a few more data points. Given my p95/p99 for pressure should I try a fixed pressure of 9 or 10?

Last night I see an interesting spike in leak rate around 4:30 that I can't attribute to anything I remember. It may be my mask came loose and I fixed it unconsciously.

I would say in general I feel pretty good with therapy. I continue to notice a weird sensation that I can only describe as "lightheadedness" that is most pronounced in the morning and fades as the day passes that I do not notice w/out the mask.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Try using a fixed pressure of 9 and reduce EPR to 2. The lightheadedness may be from too much pressure support.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all your continued help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Any idea what happened here last night in the last 15 minutes before waking?

Here's a zoom of that period of time if it's helpful.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It could be what is referred to as "sleep wake junk".  Wiki Definition:

Sleep-Wake-Junk - Clusters of apnea and hypopnea events concentrated mainly around periods of sleep-wake transition. In general Sleep-wake-junk (SWJ) is not regarded as "real" since they do not occur during periods of sleep, but may be during semi-awake periods or "dozing". 

Basically, when transitioning from wake to sleep in the beginning of the night (can happen more than once during sleep) and when transitioning from asleep to awake state, the handoff in the brain from voluntary control of breathing to involuntary control breathing (and vice versa) may not be 100% efficient all the time.  Some CA's can occur.  The key is that they either happen just as you are falling asleep (can happen if you wake up during the night and try to fall back asleep, too) and as you are waking up from sleep.  
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 46 2,656 11 hours ago
Last Post: srwilsn3
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 98 5,808 09-07-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: eok361
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 25 521 09-06-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 124 4,910 09-06-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
Brick Cape67's Therapy Thread Cape67 6 279 09-06-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 76 1,444 09-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 118 4,290 09-05-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Abdulfakih

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.