Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mr sleepy - Therapy Help
RE: mr sleepy - Therapy Help
(06-27-2024, 08:35 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Your current CPAP is a variable pressure bi-level, designed more for treating Obstructed Airways (OA), Upper Airway Upper Resistance Syndrome(UARS), and some Clear/Central Airway (CA) events.  The ST (and ST-A) model is designed for treating patients with COPD or respiratory disease.

Below is a Resmed model comparison excerpt.  Please disregard the obsolete S9 VPAP COPD.  I don't know why they still include it, other as a frame of reference.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=66234]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=66235]

- Red

Oh nice, thanks for posting that infographic! I didn't realize the wide variety of breathing devices on the market. Makes senses with the wide variety of issues people can have. Sounds like my doctor is really recommending a new machine, with how strained communication has felt it seems that I might have better luck if I can get a sleep dr who isn't booking appts 3 months out.

In the mean time I will post some Oscar logs here later on to see if the forum has any suggestions for me with my current device until I can get a different machine in my life.

Thank you guys for responding to people on here it is a great resource... will post oscar logs later today after my sleep endoscopy this afternoon.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: mr sleepy - Therapy Help

Here are some screenshots from current setup w/ Oscar. I am using the settings originally suggested in this thread. 

Struggling to wear the mask more than 30-60 mins at a night now I wake up freaking out regardless of AHI numbers. Am supposed to schedule Inspire procedure here in 4 weeks. At this point I am open to any suggestions if there are any as surgery is always the last option in my mind.

Thanks

see above
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth yngwiej 21 1,331 10-05-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Need help analyzing results. Low AHI but still sleepy boromt 14 675 09-28-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Scored well but still Sleepy Zip Van Winkle 16 971 09-16-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Zip Van Winkle
  Best night in a while and still woke up sleepy slatejetpack 0 193 09-13-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Oscar Data Looks Fine, But Still Very Sleepy dvschwab 3 393 09-07-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 5 757 08-05-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: MediocreOpie
  Still sleepy after 8 months of CPAP V1nce 4 469 06-30-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.