Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

npsleepy - Therapy Thread
npsleepy - Therapy Thread

I've been on Resmed Autoset 10 for roughly 3 1/2 months. Still experiencing fatigue in the afternoon and lack of motivation / slow start in the morning. 

That being said, I had a GREAT night on Friday when my AHI was only 0.2 (usually it is around 2.0 range). I wonder if because I have mild apnea (initial test 11 AHI) that I don't experience much benefit unless I get my AHI down below 0.5 

I am sharing data from last Saturday when I had a really low AHI and also data from last night where I didn't feel so great. 

Originally my sleep doctor set my CPAP to consistent pressure of 8 but I changed it to auto and then tweaked the range a bit but the max is still 20. I also got rid of EPR but wondering if maybe I was too hasty.

I am using a Dreamwear full face mask, bought a chin strap recently to help reduce leaks but still get them more often than I like so I'm hoping a new mask will help

I started seeing a new sleep doctor and he wants me to do another at home sleep study while wearing my CPAP but that won't be for another month and I'm not even sure its going to help so I'm hoping until then I can optimize things on my own.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: npsleepy - Therapy Thread

Apologies, I realized that my OSCAR screenshots were not formatted correctly. I removed the calendar and other extraneous stuff as well as making sure all the 6 required charts are visible.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are doing really well. Congrats!

To help with the flow limitations that are driving your pressure up, I suggest setting your range to 7-15 EPR 3. That should help us fine tune the settings to a good comfortable range. I think you will find it much more comfortable.

If the EPR set to 3 doesn’t work for you, dial it back to 2 and see how that feels.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much! I changed the settings to your recommendation for last night and my AHI went up to 4 but my flow limitations and leaks are definitely down. I immediately noticed it was easier to breathe. Looking forward to seeing how I fare over the weekend! I'll report back then.
Post Reply Post Reply
Turning off ramp altogether would help you. You get no real therapy during ramp time. If you would post an Oscar chart for last night we could probably offer more help to make your weekend better.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
     Thank you! Here is my data from last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try running your minimum pressure at 9cm, turn off the ramp if you can.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with Old Steve, a bit more pressure should help smooth things out.

You may be one of the lucky ones that get CA’s from higher EPR. Try things a night with a min of 9 as Steve suggested and also consider turning off ramp as Deborah suggested. 

Depending on how that goes you may need to drop EPR to 2 (or 1) to see if the CA’s are TECSA. Also, your apnoeas look to have some clustering to them, a soft cervical collar and shorter pillow should help with that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Results seem to be trending positive! I turned off ramp for the last two nights and increased min pressure to 9 last night. EPR is still set to 3. Here are the results from the last two days. I'll look into getting a soft cervical collar.. probably a good time to buy one while all the sales are going on. 

Post Reply Post Reply
Fair play. It is all about how you feel. The nice thing is you get a chance the next day to try things again or make some changes.

Be sure to measure from your chin to sternum to get a properly sized collar.

[attachment=56442]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fantasieimpromptu - Therapy Thread Fantasieimpromptu 9 100 2 hours ago
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu
  Angela's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 1 60 Yesterday, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 112 2,818 Yesterday, 09:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  sleepyveem's therapy thread sleepyveem 11 614 09-17-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: sleepyveem
  Zeno's therapy thread Zeno 10 314 09-16-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Zeno
  Brigabart's Therapy Thread Brigabart 10 273 09-15-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 100 6,114 09-13-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.